vii. no mercy

✧⁺❀ C h a p t e r s e v e n . . .

As Violet ran outside, she saw several crashed cars, supposing that the incident had occurred as a result of the chase between Johnny and Daniel. Chase seemed too relaxed; it was more like a hunt. Enraged drivers stood on the road, throwing their hands in the air and freely handing out expletives to anybody who would listen. Ignoring them, Violet sprinted to the car park and jumped into the driver's seat of her car.

The vehicle was a flashy, red Mercedes with a flawless paint coat and perfect rounded headlamps, which shone brightly as Violet turned on the ignition. It was just another status symbol which branded her as a Monterrey. In the past, she had longed to ride it off a cliff, in a Thelma and Louise style montage, putting an end to her family's gaudy wealth, but now she had a chance to put it to good use.

As she applied pressure to the acceleration pedal, the car jumped to life and Violet steered it out of the car park and onto the road, skilfully avoiding the angry drivers of the totalled vehicles. The tires hugged the black tarmac, as she sped along the main road, eventually diverting into dark, unfamiliar side streets.

Hearing yelling from the forest and knowing she wouldn't be able to drive into the woods, Violet left her car on the outskirts of the foliage and decided to continue on foot. She made her way through the verdant shrubbery with speed and simultaneous silence. She was unsure of how she wanted to play this. There was no way of politely asking Johnny to stop and she had no chance of winning a surprise attack against the entirety of her dojo.

As she creeped closer, it appeared she would not have the choice to formulate a plan of action, as Johnny spotted her approach through the trees. He pointed in her direction and two Cobras grabbed one of her arms each and brought her into sight in the clearing.

"I will bite you," Violet warned. "I hope you're up to date with all your shots."

She kicked her feet, but the boys had a good grip of her and she remained held. Pinned up against a wire fence, like an entrapped animal, she caught sight of Daniel, surrounded as if he were the Cobras' prey.

"Let him go, you clowns. Does it get you off attacking defenceless people?"

Johnny walked towards her and pressed a kiss against her lips. Violet kept her mouth closed and flinched. "The enemy deserves no mercy." His voice was soft, but the words made her cringe with their hidden malice.

Attempting to use Tommy and the other Cobra who restrained her as a springboard, Violet tried to propel herself forward. Unfortunately, she could not create enough momentum, as their grip was too tight. It was a shame. Head cheerleader, Ali, would have had no choice but to be impressed with her if she pulled off that manoeuvre.