1•The Beauty in the Winter

December 1st.

The first day of December is always enchanted to Todoroki. The outside weather is cold and most people might find it their least favorite weather. But to Todoroki, it is beautiful. When it starts snowing in the middle of the day, you can see the shimmer in the snow. It's so magnificent. The white snow reminds him of his mother. Her heavenly, thin, white hair. The vanilla scent to her light perfume that was hidden in her. Her soft, tired, gray eyes. Everything of the winter reminded him of his mother.

He walked out of the UA school building with a light blue scarf around his neck with some white gloves protecting him from the coldness. The snowflakes dropping onto his nose, making it turn a light shade of pink. He could've used his quirk to heat himself up but he liked to feel the cold sensation of the snow.

He walked to the dorms the same as the rest of his classmates. He could hear the chatter from all around him, talking about how bitter the weather was and how it was going to get worse. He tuned the conversation about the weather out. He only listened for the small silence he got while he reached the dorms.

Once he got in, he took off his shoes and walked to his room. While he shuffled to his dorm he began to take off his scarf and his white gloves. He placed them in his coat pocket for next time and opened the door to his room. He never really found the reason to lock his door so he always left it opened. He hung up his coat on his coat rack that hung behind his dorm, then placed his shoes that had snow on the bottom of them onto the small mat he had laid on his floor. He placed his bag onto his desk which held a notebook inside and a reminder of homework due tomorrow.

He loosened his tie and plopped on his bed. He lazily covered himself with the blue blanket. The boy sighed softly as he found his eyes getting heavier with each time he blinked. He still had to work on the assignment that was given today and due tomorrow. But with each second that passed he told himself that he would get up and start working on it. Eventually he couldn't help but fall into the sweet comfort of his blanket, he hadn't even changed out of his uniform.

Who knew that being a third year was so difficult?

.
.
.

Todoroki woke up hours later, confused to as where he was. Then he took a glimpse at his clock which told him it was 8:17. It was awfully later than he thought and he still had to work on the assignment given to him. He sat up and stretched his arms while he yawned, almost like a cat. Then he placed his feet on the floor while he slowly stood up.

He took off his tie, followed by the blazer he was wearing. He turned on his lamp, squinting his eyes from the adjustment of the light. He grabbed his bag and rummaged though it till he found his book. He began to work on his assignment.

While he was working, he had open the shade in his window and was able to study the snow that had risen due over time. He admired the heavenly view, the moon standing out within the darkness, the snow falling calmly onto the ground. He found it pleasant while he worked.
.
.
Todoroki had finished his assignment and placed it in his bag. He glanced at his clock and read, 10:03. He took a moment to collect himself and stood up from his chair. Since he took a nap, he did not feel tired at all. He took the time he had and changed into his nightclothes. Once finished, he tenderly folded his clothes and placed them on his chair. He let out a sigh in organized form and looked back in the crack of his balcony.

He stepped forward and opened the window. He felt the coldness from the thick glass screen door slip through. He placed his hand on the door as he looked up at the moonshine. The clouds hiding her while she was shining bright behind them. He took a glance at his door before grabbing his sandals and opening his screen door. The expected brisk wind welcomed itself into his room, fighting the warmth out and taking territory. He stepped out and closed the door, not letting the cutting breeze inside.

He sighed softly as he felt himself getting cold for only wearing thin pants and short sleeved shirt. He watched as the warmth for his air stand out in the crisp air. A small smile faded out. Even thought he felt himself start getting cold, he still took his time to enjoy it. The snow was an inch tall from the ground and grazed his feet. He shivered at the unexpected feeling but didn't move. He closed his eyes while the heat inside him escaped and mixed within the cutting edge. He stood there for a few minutes till he opened his eyes. His thoughts empty and cleared. He hadn't noticed it but he was shaking from the coldness. His nose all the way to his ears were red. His lips a little swollen from the cold. His hair getting small snowflakes in in.

He loved the weather. He didn't turn on his quirk, he thought that everyone else had to deal with the freezing weather and hate it. But when he was shivering and shaking from the cold, he didn't hate. No, instead he embraced it.

He remembered when he'd peak out the windows when he was was finished training with his father; he watched his three siblings play in the snow. It was vivid in his memories but he knew how happy they were. They grabbed the snow with there bare hands which were turning red, and threw it at each other. The smiles on there was faces was full of ecstatic. His sister in her red violet hat. His brother in a big white coat. His eldest, wrapped in bandages around his wrist while he threw the snowball.
His mother on the side smiling softly as she wore a thick coat, watching them play. He study how his mother brought them all into a group and held her hand in the middle, her palm up. Then frost began to come but it changed into snow. She formed a snowball with her quirk. Then, he held up his right hand and attempted to do the same thing.

He failed and was frustrated. He was only able to form ice, not snow. He sighed aggressively but took a deep calm breath. He should've known it took time. He only just got his quirks 1 month ago. He glanced once more at the window before disappeared into the room.

Todoroki glowered at his right hand. He smiled softly as he activated his quirk. Bright blue snowflakes formed before he turned it into a snowball. He learned a different way then his mother to make the snow. But when he told her, she was proud. Proud of him for not giving up, proud taking time to accomplish something that he wanted to do.

He sighed softly once more before letting the snow fall from his hand and mix with the rest. He stayed there for minutes, maybe even an hour. But he was out there long enough to know he was shaking from the cold. His feet getting numb and he could barely move his fingers, his nose slowly running and bright red. He frowned before finally deciding to go inside. He had school tomorrow and he didn't want to get sick so soon.

He opened the door and light warmth welcomed him. He took off his sandals and closed the door. He walked over to the mat and placed his sandals next to his school shoes. He didn't turn on his quirk yet, no, instead he stayed like that. He warmed himself like other people do. He brought his hands to his mouth and blew hot air, warming them up. It did help a little. He could start to feel them.

He flashed an eye and the clock and seen it was 11:03. It was a bit later then he expected. But that was okay with him. He had slept for a while, meaning he wasn't really tired. He shivered softly while he laid on his bed. He covered his feet before covering his entire body with his blanket.
He took one more look at the night before heading to bed.

_________
Words 1466