2• Growing out of comfort zone

December 2

The next day, Todoroki didn't appear his regular time. Instead he took his time getting ready. He was calm and collected this morning. It was special to him. The entire month would be special to him. He loved December. He loved the snow. But the only thing he didn't like about this month was spending time with his family; mainly his father.

His father has tried to admit that the way he raised his children was wrong. He even took his mother out of the hospital to prove his forgiveness. But Shoto is having a hard time trying to forgive him. Every time he see him all he can see way the way he neglected him for the smallest mistakes. He pursed his lips as he tried pushing those thoughts to the back of his head.

"Todoroki wait up!" A male voice yelled from a distance behind him. He turned around and seen his emerald green rushed towards him. Midoriya wore his favorite red, yellow, and blue scarf to keep him heated. His deep breaths visibly coming out from his lips. He inhaled deeply once more before speaking. "How are you doing?" Midoriya asked genuine while he brought his fingers to his lips and blew hot air in them.

"I'm fine. How are you?" Todoroki asked while glancing to the left at him. It's been awhile since it was just the two of them talking. They mainly see each with Asui, Iida, and Uraraka or after school Todoroki just goes straight to his room.

"I'm good. It's so cold this morning!" The boy shivered out. Todoroki glanced at him before activating his heat. Almost instantly, Midoriya sighed in delight as he felt the heat.
"Thank you, Todoroki." He said. His eyes were closed while he enjoyed the warmth given to him.

"It's not a problem." Todoroki accepted the gratitude and walked along them. The silence crept along with them, but it wasn't an awkward one. It was peaceful. Todoroki only listened to the breaths the boy on his left took. Sometimes the small breaths he took he could see the heat radiate from the cold. But he was glad he could help his friend. His first friend.

"So how come you aren't in class already? You usually are always the first one in class." Midoriya  announced, Todoroki almost jumped from the sudden noise but kept his composure.

"I take my time in the winter because I like to cherish the snow that falls each year." Todoroki replied while looking straight ahead. But he did notice from his peripheral vision his head slightly turned towards him.

"It's your favorite time of the year, correct?" Midoriya asked. His arms covering his torso from the cold. Todoroki was surprised that he knew that and as if he read his mind, Midoriya quickly said, "I've noticed how you always take your spare time to look outside when it snows. I seen how you fancy it." Midoriya summarized shortly. Todoroki glanced at the boy who seemed no it was nothing strange.

"Yes, I enjoy this type of weather. It.." He trailed off, almost letting out more than needed too. Midoriya examined him after he trailed off. He wanted to know what he was going to say but didn't want to accidentally push a sensitive subject. He knew about his family life. He's seen his father practically beg for forgiveness but Todoroki can't. He can't say he understands what happened to him because he never went through this experience. So if Todoroki can't forgive his father, that's his choice.

"Are you doing anything later after class?" Midoriya asked. Todoroki blinked before thinking. He thought of the things to do but nothing really interested him.

"Nothing really. What about you? Any plans?" He asked softly as he felt himself getting warm from using his quirk. Midoriya was quiet for a bit, most likely thinking if he had any plans.