The Aftermath

Third person ^^^Annabella's Pov

After the incident with her father, Annabella lied in her bed, almost making it look like she was lifeless, that her soul left her body. She didn't feel the cold, bone shivering air blowing from the vents, she couldn't hear her mother yelling her name from behind her door, she wasn't even comprehending what she had done. Annabella knew she would be scolded so that her nightmares would be put in place. When Annabella snapped out of her daze she heard her mother call her name from the door. She slumped out of bed and waddled to the door. She hadn't gotten out of bed for three days after what happened. When she opened the door, her brother, Isaac raced over to her and hugged her, almost knocking her down in the process of doing so. "Yay, yay! Sister is out of her room!"Jacob squealed. "Finally out of your cave, hm? You look terrible." Annabella's older brother, Isaac muttered under his breath, shaking his head side to side slowly. "Hunny! Why did you not come out of your room, you made us worried sick!" your mother spoke shakily, yet sternly. "Emma came over yesterday, and when she heard you hadn't come out of your room for two days, she freaked out. She kept pacing the dining room, even though father yelled at her to get out." Isaac giggled. Annabella's cheeks flushed into a light pink color. "Why would she do something like that!" I thought to myself. Before I could get another thought in my head, something ran into me, squeezing me so tight I thought I might've burst! "Thank goodness you're okay! I thought you had become ill, or in a coma, or worse!" the person who hugged me spoke, muffled by my shirt. "Emma?" I questioned, not being able to turn around and look due to their grasp on me. "Who else would it be? The boogeyman?" Emma joked, letting go off me. I was sad when the warmth of her left me. "Haha, very funny" I talked back, faking being annoyed by her antics. "Get out of my bunker, Emma Lavender!" My father hollered, stomping toward Emma like a toddler who didn't get their way in a game. "Father, wait!" I disclaimed, and as father reached towards Emma's wrist, I slapped it away, not knowing what had gotten into me at that moment. "ANNABELLA WOODS!" My father yelled, and instead of grabbing Emma's wrist, he grabbed mine. As he dragged me away, Emma mouthed to me "I'm so sorry."