1. mistakes and memories

If there was one thing any university student could agree on, it was their love of winter break. The pure white snow covering the ground in a thick blanket, the cozy atmosphere and the memories attached to it, the temporary relief from the stress of classes - it was always a more than welcome time of the year, and almost no one loved it more than Kim Seokjin, holiday enthusiast and burned-out culinary arts major.

That especially applied this year, where he had been unusually homesick and had been longing to see his friends, who unfortunately all attended different schools. And now, after weeks of anticipation, pulling himself through his final projects of the semester, and counting down the days, this was his second to last day of classes before he was home free. With the styrofoam coffee cups littered across his desk and the 30 tabs he had just closed out of on his computer, he couldn't be happier for that, because with his current environment and the excitement in the coming week, he doubts he would have been able to get anything done at the moment anyways. Right now, at least, he's refreshingly free from responsibility.

The pleasant sound of upbeat music in his headphones is interrupted by a soft buzz from his phone, followed by the upbeat tone of a notification. Glancing at the lit-up screen, he sees a message from none other than Kim Taehyung, the occasionally clingy but mostly humorous and loveable man he considered his best friend.

taehyuuunnngg: heyooo seokjin

WorldWideSugarGliders: hi!

taehyuuunnngg: can't wait to see that boyfriend of yours over winter break ;)

Boyfriend. Seokjin's boyfriend. Taehyung wants to see Seokjin's boyfriend over the holidays.

He's not sure what sort of bizarre imaginary friend Taehyung is referring to, because unless some drastic change has taken place or he's unaware of a creepy unrequited lover, Seokjin has a grand total of zero boyfriends. He's about to message Taehyung back to ask what in the world he's talking about when a months-old memory he would have sincerely preferred to forget surfaces.

In the past few years that Seokjin's friend group had known each other, their friendship thankfully hadn't changed much, with the band of six still managing to be as close as ever despite the physical distance between them as they separated to attend their different colleges. Sometimes it was hard, sometimes they didn't talk much, but they managed to work it out. There had been one major change, though: relationships.

Specifically the fact that all his friends, everyone in their little group except Seokjin, had found themselves in romantic ones.

Seokjin had never considered himself a hopeless romantic, but he would be lying if he were to say that he never got a bit jealous looking at the way everyone else talked about their partners, how it seemed like all of them were so genuinely happy and satisfied. It didn't help that one of those relationships was between Yoongi and Jungkook, so whenever they met up Seokjin would catch them making goo-goo eyes at each other anytime they thought someone wasn't looking (someone was always looking).

Was it mildly disturbing to see his normally silly friends so serious about something? Yes. Did it make him want to roll his eyes a bit at the pure sappiness of it all? Absolutely. But was it adorable? Also yes.

And he supposes that was why on a regrettable day two months ago, on one of their bi-monthly big group calls, out of pure idiotic instinct and a failed attempt to repress his own desire for the love he constantly saw, he lied. A big lie. A massive, un-hideable, almost achingly stupid lie.

"Yah, Seokjin, you're the only single one left! Saving yourself for someone special, huh?" Taehyung says teasingly, shit-eating grin ever-present as he sees Seokjin look away from the camera.

won't you fa-la-la-la-love me too? || namjin || ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara