2. boredom and bookings

In the morning, as sunlight peeks in through the cracks in the blind and casts a warm glow across his bedroom and small mounds of snow drop off from the roof past his window, it's not the light shining across Seokjin's face that wakes him up, but yet another notification. Shuffling around in his bed and peeking at the time on his phone, even though it's not early and it was probably better that he woke up now, he starts to seriously consider putting his phone on silent mode just to avoid any more potential mid-sleep awakenings. Regardless of his irritation, he unlocks his phone to check who unintentionally acted as his alarm clock.

hobi-seok: taehyung reminded me about your guest for break, almost forgot about that lol

hobi-seok: welllll, now that i've remembered, what's his name?? i don't think you ever told us

WorldWideSugarGliders: namjoon :D

hobi-seok:oooo

hobi-seok: his name sounds kinda like tree, does he like nature by any chance? that would be a cool coincidence

Seokjin racks his brain for a moment, trying to remember if Namjoon had ever said anything about nature. If he lied about this without knowing, and Hoseok brought it up at some point and Namjoon wasn't a big nature person, then his friends might get suspicious. They were supposed to be dating , after all, how could Seokjin not know something so simple about who everyone else thought was his boyfriend?

He comes across a dim memory from about a month before, something he's surprised he even remembers. Namjoon had made an offhand comment about how he was sad the weather had gotten too cold for him to go hiking without feeling like he was freezing. It was a single sentence, and they hadn't discussed it any further, but it was something, and something was all he needed.

WorldWideSugarGliders: yeah actually! he does, that's funny

hobi-seok: he sounds like a cool guy. excited to see him!

hobi-seok: you're coming later today, right?

WorldWideSugarGliders: yeah, i'm planning to leave around 14:00

hobi-seok: alright then, see you later!

WorldWideSugarGliders: seeya, hobi

One potential mini-disaster avoided, likely the first of many. And so what if they were problems that he himself had essentially created? Seokjin had a plan, and if everything went well, he was going to smash through these perfectly avoidable problems regardless.

Just by helping Namjoon get his things into Seokjin's car, Seokjin had learned a couple things about the taller man.

One, he was clumsy. Very clumsy. Trip-over-his-own-feet-multiple-times-while-walking clumsy. Seokjin was honestly (pleasantly) surprised that Namjoon hadn't smacked into the side of the vehicle at any point when they had put his suitcase in the trunk, what with how ineffective he seemed to be at controlling those long legs of his.

Two, he was sarcastic. Quite a bit more sarcastic than he had ever noticed during their tutoring sessions, or he supposes more than Namjoon had ever let show during those. He likely just wanted to put on a more professional and helpful face, but now in this more casual environment, he let his more true personality shine. And shine, it did. Like the bright rays of sun that conveniently always appear right where you're trying to look at something far away.

"I still can't believe I agreed to do this," Namjoon says, looking out at the line of cars ahead of them. Seokjin wasn't sure whether it was a car accident, road work, or something else entirely, but what he was sure of was the fact that that traffic was heavy that day. "How long is this car ride again? Two hours?"