Chapter 4

Life in L'Manburg was okay, people were enjoying their time and able to have fun for once after the war. Yet other things were happening in the walls. Now standing in front of the walls was a man once banished from the dream SMP lands. Once officially unbanned he was quick to hurry his way to the gates of L'Manburg. After getting a letter from a friend he was proud to put his skills back into business, this horned man was ready to put his two cents in the ears of the L'Manburg citizens.

May the Gods have mercy on this poor civilization for the future that is about to unravel.

Election day in: 2 Months

...

"ON YOUR MARK....

GET READY....

SET...

GO GO GO!" The announcer shouted into his mic as quickly everyone was quick to start running through the streets of Nembis and moving around its small obstacles. Amongst these competitors with a yelled ears brunette who was lucky enough to be born with her feline legs. Quickly using her cat hybrid skills, she was able to move past everyone and jump over objects that were in her way. This was the first part of the crazy day ahead of everyone, the first game to just eliminate the poor people who had no skills to be able to keep going. Luckily Duckie was not one of those, if anything she was happily keeping a steady 30th place and even advancing to 28th place a few times when allowed the chance to move past a small crowd traffic jam. It was a simple course, run through the streets that carriages and other wheeled vehicles roamed on. Soon you would arrive at the plaza where everyone of the town waited and where you had started, you then ran this course one more time before finishing and were allowed to secure your place to the next round. Duckie was determined to at least make it to the next game, so she had to push herself with her swift legs and even push off walls to keep her balance. Sweat started to drip off her forehead as any sign of being cold was gone, once again this young girl was full of adrenaline and hoping to finish the race. It didn't take long before she finished her first lap and ran past the stall her grandmother and philza stood at. Yet when she went to look at their faces they seemed troubled at a letter Philza held in his hand as a crow sat on the tip of his hat. Just as Duckie was to leave the sight again she was able to lock eyes with Phil only to see his worried expression before she was to turn a corner to the next street. Now all Duckie could feel was dread, what was that about? Why was Philza and her grandmother so worried, maybe even scared at the letter they read. Was it important? Was it about her grandmother? Was it about philza? Duckie didn't even notice when she tumbled over a barrel in front of her, leading her to fall to the ground and slide across the bricked road. A few others hurried past her, almost stepping on the poor girl as she tried to get up. "Damnit" the girl hissed out as she slowly placed down her left foot. Quickly the girl felt a jolt of pain travel up her leg which made her panic as she looked down. By the looks of it Duckie has managed to sprang her left ankle. This quickly made the girl's face fall even more as fear took over her body, spotting all the people passing by her only giving her confused or worried looks. Duckie hissed as she slowly put pressure onto her left leg, all she had to do was finish this race and she would be okay. So quickly the girl started her way down the brick road but limping once and a while as she felt tears sting at her eyes from the pain.

She couldn't bare it, not even five minutes later she had to stop and lean against the nearest wall to take a breath from the pain. Biting on her lip, the brunette let out a shaky hiss as she looked back down to her leg which seemed to have swollen even more. "Dammit" she scoffed as she watched as more people passed her. Closing her eyes Duckie knew she wouldn't be making it, she felt more tears try to force their way out of her eyes. "Dammit phil! Why did I agree to this!" Duckie complained out loud as she tried to ignore the pain. The girl, now dazed a bit, almost didn't notice the person running towards her and quickly pulled her arm over their shoulder," come on man! We got this! Enough people have dropped out that we will make it to the next round anyways!" The voice cheered on into Duckie's ear. The girl was still lost as she just accepted the assistance as she had yet to even look at the stranger as the two painfully made their way to the finishing line. Once semi across the person helping Duckie was quick to let go of her to let out a cheer," lets go!! We get to go to the next round!!" They cheered out proudly. Unaware of the girl they had helped quickly falling over themself to the ground below them once they crossed the finish line.