Chapter 11

Rosalie's POV:

We had just finished hunting and were heading back towards the house when he heard someone scream in pain, it was a woman's scream which meant it could only have been one person. I shot off as fast as I could towards it with both of the boys following me. We kept running and knew we were close when we got hit with the overwhelming stench of blood, I slowed down when I saw the bear, it was dead and drained resting against a tree. I heard a whimper from my left and turned to see fainting and her head hitting the ground with Jasper standing next to her with his hand on her stomach holding what appeared to be the source of the smell. I thought Jasper was helping until I looked closer and noticed.

"Major, step away from her. You don't want to do this!" I yelled which gained his attention, next thing I knew I was slammed up against the tree. That was when Carlisle and Emmett arrived.

Emmett threw Jasper off of me as Carlisle went to check on Kat. As he finished assessing her he walked towards the now restrained Jasper and grabbed his car keys.

"I'll take her back to the house and text Alice to come and help calm him down," He stated before picking her up and walking towards Jasper's car.

---------------------------Time skip brought to you by jaspers scary ass alter ego------------------------------------

It had been 1 and a half weeks since the incident and Carlisle finally decided he was going to start lowering the dose of anaesthesia and wake her up from the coma he had put her in. He had decided he would keep her under to let her heal most of the way before he would consider letting her out of it, his reasoning for this had been that given the severity of the wound he didn't want her to be in any sort of struggle or pain whilst she was healing. He went up 5 minutes ago to do so and we could all hear his footsteps as he began to come downstairs.

"Rosalie you should probably be there when she wakes up we all know what you mean to her '' he states. I get up and as I am walking past him I feel a hand on my shoulder

"Make sure she doesn't move around too much or too fast. And try to get her to drink some water," Carlisle says as he takes his hand off my shoulder. With a small nod I headed up to Carlisle's office where he set up a room with all the medical equipment needed to take care of Kat.

As I enter the room, I see Kat laying on the table. I had refused to enter the room the entire time as I didn't want to see her in this state. Looking at her I was glad I hadn't, the sight of her lifeless like she was dead was enough to put me off staying in the room until she woke up. I took a seat next to her body, grabbed her hand and just waited. I hadn't been paying attention to how long it had been as I was more focused on not glancing over to her. When I felt the squeeze on my hand, I turned to look at her and saw her with her eyes open glancing up at me with a look of confusion and sadness.

"Do you remember what happened?" I ask her softly not trying to startle her.

"I don't know my mind is still fuzzy,"

"Would you like some water?"

"Yes please" And with that I got up and headed towards the desk where Carlisle had a water jug and a cup ready. I poured the water and headed back to Kat. I helped her move the bed so she was in an upright position and then held the cup to her lips as she drank.

"How long was I out? And are Edward and Bella back yet?" She spoke softly almost as if she hadn't spoken at all.

"You have been out for a week and a half, and no they aren't back yet, why would you like them to come back?"

"NO!!" she yelled which was quickly overcome by a coughing fit. Carlisle burst into the room and shot towards her. He grabbed a cloth from the next to her bed and handed it to her. She was coughing into it for a few seconds when Carlisle looked as though he realised something and headed over towards the drawers on the other side of the room and grabbed a syringe from one of them. He walked back over to Kat and grabbed her arm lightly. Once he was done he stepped back and watched her carefully.

It took a few seconds for something to happen but Kat finally stopped coughing and lowered the cloth from her face. I looked at the cloth and noticed it had blood on it.

"Carlisle what the hell happened? She was fine and then she started coughing!" I screamed at him, his face softened noticing my fear and calmly he explained

"She was fine until the sudden abruptness of her yelling cause strain on her body causing her to cough, She will be fine, now if you excuse me I will go help Esme finish making her some soup." he stated before walking towards the door and closed it slowly

"You hear him, no more yelling. If you want something and no one is in here, though that will be highly unlikely, you are to just say. We have superhuman hearing and we will be constantly listening out to hear if you need us, Okay?" I didn't get a verbal response all I got was a nod before she tried getting up out of bed

"Where do you think you are going? Back in bed, young miss."

"But I want to go see Jasper? I want to tell him I'm not mad at him, can I please? You and I both know Jas will be blaming himself and feeling so bad right about now."