Visit to the kingdom - 9 years old

One evening, after their routine practice Michel decided to have some coffee so he followed Miyake and Shin into the small wooden cabin where they lived. Miyake after walking into the house threw himself on the couch as soon as he could. Shin on the other hand walked into the kitchen and brought back two glasses of water with him. Miyake sat up and took the glass from Shin's hands.

"Thank you so much"

"No problem" Shin responded and took a seat next to Miyake, Michel looked at Shin, raising his eyebrow.

"Something wrong uncle?" Shin brought the glass to his mouth as he took a sip

"Not necessarily" Michel sat down across from them "I just expected you to bring some water for me as well"

"Torturer's needs should never be accounted for". Miyake said as he glared at Michel with narrowed eyes

"Torturer? That's a pretty strong word to describe an instructor"

"To you, it may seem that way, but we see it differently" Miyake continued glaring at him. Michel shifted around awkwardly trying to shake off Miyake's cold gaze, but he couldn't.

"Well, maybe I was a bit..."

"Pfft" Shin released a small laugh to which he received an elbow to his left side, but instead of shutting up, he burst into laughter. Miyake looked at him, annoyed.

"Could you not hold it in for a minute longer? He was about to admit it" Miyake held his head in his hands

"Sorry, sorry" Shin wiped his eyes "It was just too funny seeing him so awkward and nervous"

"Wait" Michel finally understood what was happening "This whole ordeal was a joke?"

"It wasn't a joke so to speak. More like a way to make you ease up on our training routine, but because of someone" Miyake looked at Shin who was holding his hands together, asking for forgiveness "This whole plan fell into the water"

"I see" Michel held his chin while looking at the two boys "How about this? I have some business to take care of at the kingdom so how about I take you two with me"

"What!" "Really?" The two boys slammed their hands on the table as they leaned over, shouting right into Michel's face

"Calm down you two" Michel raised his hands in defense

"But we're going to be visiting the kingdom for the first time!"

"Yeah! Asking us to be calm is just asking us to do the impossible"

"Okay, okay I get it" Michel wiped his face, cleaning the spit droplets that landed on him, and the two boys sat down "So you two want to come with?"

"Yes!" The two nodded in unison

"Then how about you get me that glass of water" They both immediately stood up, Shin sprinted towards the kitchen while Miyake jumped over the couch following behind Shin at the same speed. Seeing this happen Michel could only sigh

The next day Michel arrived at Wolford's residence early in the morning by a carriage and after waking up the two boys they were off. The journey to the kingdom was uneventful mostly because of the lack of noise coming from Shin and Miyake.

"They didn't even last a second" Michel sighed and looked out the window "I'm guessing they were too excited to sleep and ended up staying awake for the whole night"

The birds chirped, signaling the start of a new day and Michel continued to look out the window, taking in the scenery. They crossed through the dense forest and came out to a beautiful field filled with all kinds of flowers in big patches.  Michel's knowledge of botany was scarce but he still recognized some of them for example lavenders, tulips, daisies, and roses.