𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 1

𝑪𝑯𝑰𝑪𝑨𝑮𝑶 𝑷𝑶𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑬 𝑫𝑬𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻𝑴𝑬𝑵𝑻
𝑺𝑬𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑴𝑩𝑬𝑹 14𝒕𝒉 2000
(omniscient)

𝑪𝑯𝑰𝑪𝑨𝑮𝑶 𝑷𝑶𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑬 𝑫𝑬𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻𝑴𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑬𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑴𝑩𝑬𝑹 14𝒕𝒉 2000(omniscient)

A glimpse of the moonlight beamed through the windowpane. Nina sat quietly in the large, dim office scanning over a case that Chief Johnson assigned to the agency two weeks ago as the sweet, melodic sounds of Mariah Carey's voice played low on the radio. The young woman didn't have time to dig into it right then when everyone was on the case.

Being that she was always working on new ones that were assigned to her personally every other day. It's like something new was happening everyday here in Chicago. One of the most dangerous places in the state.

And since Nina was one of the best detectives at CPD, it was mandatory to have her working on nearly every case. The crime rate was insane here. You'll never really know when another body is dropping. That's how normalized murders were in the state of Chicago. Nina always dreamed of being a detective since she was a little girl.

But she didn't know it was this overwhelming. She could now see why her father used to come home late nights and not at all sometimes. He was a cop, one of the best in the city. He died from heart failure and she's doing everything in her might to keep his legacy alive.

He inspired her to be who she is today. The second best female detective cop in the agency. She was aiming for first, but things take time. She only worked for the CPD for 3 years. Her competition was more experience than her, so being second was great. No one was like her at all.

When she's assigned a case, she doesn't sleep till it's solved. That's how important her job was. She felt if she didn't solve a case, she was disappointing her father. He never rested till he knew the victim got Justice served. The beeping sound from her walk-in talkie went off, causing her to jolt her out of her working process.

She grabbed the black walkie-talkie off the desk and held it up to her ear. It was Chief Johnson on the line calling in. She already knew what that meant. Another crime happened and a body was found. She lifted up from her seat, grabbed her keys, and left the office. She sprinted down the hall and made her way out the door.

She hopped into the white and black police car and drove to the address that was given to her. 115th Avenue. Which didn't take much long to get to since she was going full speed and the place wasn't far from the department. She scanned the area and saw that there were so many people out surrounding the area, as usual.

She parked her car in the middle of the street before getting out and making her way over to her colleague, Detective James Carter. He was one of her closet friends in the department. When she first started working for CPD back in 98, Chief paired them together.

He thought two of them could kick some serious butts since they were always ten toes ahead, being that they were both newbies. And he was absolutely right. They turned out to be a great team. The two of them solved the most cases in the department after Chief and Sasha as a pair.