𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 2

𝑪𝑯𝑰𝑪𝑨𝑮𝑶, 𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑻 64𝑻𝑯
𝑺𝑬𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑴𝑩𝑬𝑹 15𝒕𝒉 2000
(omniscient)

The loud beeping from the little red alarm clock on the nightstand sounded, jolting Nina out of her sleep

The loud beeping from the little red alarm clock on the nightstand sounded, jolting Nina out of her sleep. She opened her eyes seeing the sun beamed through the light green curtains, brightening up the entire room. Lifting up from the bed, she wiped the cold out of her eyes and glanced at the time.

When she saw it read 4:30 P.M, she quickly jumped up. Mentally cursing herself out, for almost falling on her face. She stepped into her closet and grabbed her uniforms and threw them on the bed before rushing out the room and to the bathroom. Pushing past Tamika who was doing her hair, she turned the shower on.

She thought it was crazy how her friend was up before her after staying out late till 4, when she fell asleep going on 2. After going round after round with the round master, she tapped out.

"I see someone was up all last night getting their back worn out that almost caused them to oversleep and be late for work" Tamika uttered, glancing at Nina and back in the mirror.

"Oh hush," Nina scoffed, stripping out of her clothes before stepping in the shower letting the hot water hit her skin. She just knew Tamika was finna get on her case. She called it last night.

"I don't even know why I believed you when you said you were done with his lying cheating ass!" Tamika retorted, shaking her head in disbelief. Nina ignored her remark and washed herself clean. She knew her best friend was angry that she kept seeing Chief after lying about cutting him completely off.

Knowing Tamika was sort of in the same predicament before. But things ended up getting pretty bad so she had to leave ASAP. Being in an abusive relationship for a year and a half almost led her to death. Luckily Nina stepped in and helped.

After her shower, she stepped out and wrapped the brown towel around her body. She saw that Tamika had left the bathroom. Sighing, she grabbed her toothbrush and toothpaste out of the cabinet and brushed her teeth before heading to her bedroom. She turned the radio on and bobbed her head to Mariah Carey.

One of her favorite artists of all time. Her voice was smooth like butter. You couldn't go wrong listening to any of her songs. Nina dried herself off, and put on her uniforms. She had like 30 minutes to get down to the Department. She couldn't wait, the case kept wandering through her mind last night. Who would want to kill such a sweet woman?

She grabbed the deodorant stick and rolled it under her arms, before starting on her hair. Once she was done getting ready, she grabbed all of her work things, and headed down the stairs, seeing Tamika was over in the kitchen leaning against the counter on the phone, sipping some juice.

"I'm heading out, see you later" Nina waved her bye before leaving out the door and hopping into her car that was parked on the side of the road. She'll have a serious talk with her when she gets off, but right now her mind was on one thing. She placed the keys into the ignition, starting up the car and driving down to Mickey's D's to order her and Carter some breakfast.