1: what is love?

The date was February 14th.

Many Cookies seemed rather fond of this day. I never understood why that was.

I'd heard of Valentine's Day, but... what was the point?

Seemed like the focal point was a word I'd often heard repeated... 'love'.

"What is love?" I often asked myself. For so long, I'd pondered that question... but could never be sure of an answer. It was a feeling, I knew that much, but... Of course, feelings have more nuance than that.

Before long, I was snapped out of my thoughts and back into the Cookie World as I felt something hit the side of my head, knocking me over right onto the ground. It didn't hurt, but instead it was warm and tingly. A shiver ran down my spine as I felt various 1s and 0s run through my code, hardly able to get up from both confusion and how stunned I was.

It was a Cookie who picked me up off the ground. Holding me up by my shoulders, she looked rather panicked. It only took a few seconds for me to recognize her; I'd seen her around before, and heard her name. Her name was Pink Choco Cookie; she was wearing a soft pink helmet with a heart-shaped hole in the front, various other heart-shaped accessories and outfit pieces littered on her body, all a shade of pink, red, or white. Most interesting, however, was the blaster she held, which also had hearts as its primary design point. I didn't have long to think on it though, looking back up at her face as she frantically apologized.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to— Are you ok?" she blurted out frantically, a worried expression on her face.

I felt myself smile at her slightly—why did I smile?—and replied, "I'm ok. What was that?" My vision was a little blurry, and for some reason, I felt... different.

"It was my Love Virus! I try my best to spread love on Valentine's Day."

Admittedly, I was still rather confused. "What is love? I don't understand." What does a 'Love Virus' do? Why do my cheeks feel warm?

"You don't know what love is? It's like... it's that fuzzy feeling when you're around someone you like. The feeling that makes you want to stay with that person forever."

"I am unfamiliar with this feeling. Does your so-called 'Love Virus' create love in Cookies? I feel funny..."

She smiled, just a little bit. That made me feel funny too. "That's what it's supposed to do, at least... Maybe that feeling is love...? Have you never felt love before?"

"I don't think so..."

That knowledge seemed to make her smile fade just a little. Though, shortly after, she seemed happy again, finally letting go of my shoulders and instead grabbing my hand, pulling me along without a word. "That's so sad... Here, y'know what? I'll help you learn more about love! Come on!"

I didn't have much of a choice but to follow her, almost losing my balance. I was able to avoid falling and simply hovered instead, finding it much easier to keep up with her fast-paced running that way. I was still a bit confused, hesitantly speaking to her while she ran towards who knows where. "Where are we going?"

She looked back at me for just a second, flashing me a bright smile, which again gave me a weird feeling. "We're going to the city! I'll show you lots of things there!"

Well, I couldn't pass up an offer to learn more about the Cookie World...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It didn't take long to arrive at the Metropolis with how fast she was running, though she did seem a bit exhausted after it all. Still holding my hand, she walked over to a bench on the sidewalk.