I.) Loveless

In the snow-kissed mountainside of Snezhnaya, the home of the 12 Fatui Harbingers lies. The interior resembles that of a tavern, the walls lined with tables with rooms in the back. Of course, it wouldn't be their home if it were utterly silent.

   "SCARAMOUCHE!! Why not join me for a duel to prove who's stronger? I would love to test out our abilities against one another." The ginger-headed Harbinger exclaimed in excitement, already fantasizing about the outcome of a duel that had not even begun.

   "For the thousandth time, keep your mouth shut, Tartaglia. I don't want to hear about whatever nonsense you're spewing." Scaramouche replied, obviously annoyed.

   Tartaglia closed his lips in response, daring not to utter another word, yet still hoping there's a chance for him and Scaramouche to spar later on in the day, to which I let out a slight giggle, amused by what was happening around me. I decided to move closer to the pair, as they were the only ones awake at this hour. The sun was already beginning to rise, yet none of the other Harbingers were even slightly awake.

   Soon, the three of us could hear the sound of heels clicking on the wooden floor. I turned to see who was awake, and my gaze met that of a tall, blonde figure.

   "Good morning, Signora." Tartaglia welcomed her into her morning.

   "Good morning, Tartaglia, Scaramouche, Y/N." Signora yawned in response, most likely still tired.

   Honestly, I was still tired as well. After all, I'd only just arrived in Snezhnaya with the others yesterday. The Tsaritsa called the four of us to Snezhnaya for something important, and as Harbingers, we must carry out her wishes. Soon, we are to head to Zapolyarny Palace, where the Tsaritsa resides.

   "It is time. Let's see what The Tsaritsa has in store for us, my comrades." Tartaglia spoke, anticipation filling his voice.

   And with that, the four of us set off into the white, crystalline, and treacherous cold. Our footprints trailed behind us, letting us know which direction we came in, so as not to repeat our actions. Snow settled atop Scaramouche's hat, on the shoulders of Signora, and in the red hair of Tartaglia. As we walked around for what seemed like forever, a large Palace came into view. Its dark colors shimmered in the sunlight and the snow as we walked closer towards it.

   "So, why do you guys think the Tsaritsa called for us?" The ginger asked.

  "Probably to tell you to shut up," Scaramouche replied quietly, obviously hating the presence of his other Harbinger.

  "Maybe it's to tell off Y/N for our failed mission in Sumeru." Signora sassily replied, which made my blood boil.

  "I had nothing to do with the mission in Sumeru," I replied, trying to keep in my anger.

  "Relax, I know; I was only teasing. Besides, you don't have enough strength in you to even step close to Sumeru, much less get some of our members captured." Signora replies, trying to lighten the mood.

  "I wasn't even in Sumeru when that happened," I replied, leaving an awkward tension hanging in the air.

  Soon, my feet trudged through the snow on the bridge to the Zapolyarny Palace. Its black colors reflecting the light of the snow as we neared the doors. Suddenly, a person wearing a Fatui mask came into view. They pushed open the doors for us as we made our way inside the Palace.

  "My, my, my. Look at what we have here. Welcome, La Signora, Rosalyne, the Crimson Witch of Flame."

   As the Tsaritsa mentioned Signora's name, she bowed toward her God.

  "And welcome you, Tartaglia, Ajax, Childe." The Tsaritsa spoke regarding Childe by all of his names.

  Tartaglia bowed alongside Signora before lifting his head.

  "And you, Scaramouche, Kunikuzushi, the Balladeer." The Tsaritsa once again spoke, recognizing her subordinates.

  Scaramouche bowed, tipping his hat before lifting his head as well.

  "And finally, welcome Y/N, Harlequin, the Chiaroscuro." The Tsaritsa greets me. 

  I bow, only understanding my name out of what she said. From previous lessons with my God, I only remember somewhat of what those words mean. I know that Chiaroscuro refers to something alongside dark and light in a painting, and I know that Harlequin is a light-hearted and nimble character. However, that's about all I remember from her lessons from when I was just a little kid.

  "You all are most likely wondering what it is that's so important that I called you here, correct?" The Tsaritsa asked. "Well, let me show you. Currently, our troops in Mondstadt, Fontaine, Liyue, and Inazuma have started to greatly deplete. This may have resulted from the influx of military regimens, members running away due to fright, sickness, death of another member, etc. However, I believe someone may be taking our members, perhaps kidnapping?But alas, there are many possibilities as to why this may have occurred. However, I think it is time for a new era. I have a proposal for each of you." The Tsaritsa spoke in a clear and loud tone.

  "I will assign each of you a different region. You will be required to take charge and take responsibility for the Fatui members in your region. You are also assigned to find out what happened to the missing members. If you fail to comply, well, let's say the consequences of your actions will catch up with you. Does everyone understand?" The Tsaritsa asks in a demanding tone.

"Yes, your majesty," All four of us reply simultaneously in a monotone voice.

"Excellent, I shall now assign regions." The Tsaritsa stated.

The four of us looked at one another, wondering if we'd ever be able to see each other after the assignments. We waited with anticipation.

"Tartaglia, you are assigned, Liyue."

"Yes, your majesty!" Tartaglia exclaimed, trying to keep a monotone voice, yet failing to conceal his excitement.

"Scaramouche, you are to be assigned Fontaine."

"Yes, your majesty.." Scaramouche replies, seemingly unhappy about the turn of events.

"Signora, you will be assigned Monsdadt."

"Yes, your majesty." She replies, giving no hints as to how she's feeling.

"And lastly, Y/N, you are to be assigned Inazuma." The Tsaritsa finishes, looking at me.

I bow once more towards my God before replying, "Yes, your majesty."

"Now then, go at once. I wish not to look at you further." The Tsaritsa says finally before turning around and exiting the room.

   I looked at my fellow Harbingers one more time, anxious about what's to come and scared of leaving them. They are all that I have, basically my family. I suppose they saw my fear because, in the next couple of seconds, I was immediately pulled into their arms.

  "It's okay, dove; we will see each other again soon," Signora says, holding onto us.

  "We will be reunited; this isn't the last time we shall see each other," Childe replies.

  "You guys are very annoying. However, I agree. We shall meet again soon." Scaramouche says in response.

   I take a deep breath and exhale before leaving the embrace. I nod towards them, as they nod back, and soon, we leave in our separate directions.

  The path from Snezhnaya to Inazuma is very time-consuming, grueling, and most undoubtedly unkind. In order to reach Inazuma from Snezhnaya, you must cross over Monsdadt, going towards Liyue, and then hopefully find someone willing to take you to Inazuma, which has proven to be most challenging due to the particular circumstances of the Vision Hunt Decree.

  I walk alongside the flowers in Monsdadt, accompanied by the many Mints, Calla Lilies, Windwheel Asters, and Cecilias along the way. Soon reaching Liyue, I'm accompanied by Silk Flowers, Glaze Lilies, and Lotus Heads.

  Finally, after the long and perilous journey, I reach Liyue Harbor, where I hope that a merchant will allow me to traverse the seas with them to Inazuma.