II.) The World Is Your Oyster

As I make my way down the flight of stairs in Liyue Harbor, I glance around at my unfamiliar surroundings. After being stuck in the same region for years, I'm finally able to see more of the outside world, and man, is it glorious.

Suddenly, an unfamiliar arm wraps around my shoulders.

"Hey there! You seem new around here. Well, let me introduce myself to ya! I'm Captain Beidou, Captain of The Crux, at your service," The captain takes a bow before extending her hand towards me, "And what's your name?"

"I'm Y/N! I'm a ........ I'm a traveler, yeah! I'm trying to get to Inazuma... to see my... family..?" I question myself, hoping my lie was good enough to convince the captain of my purpose here.

"Well, welcome to Liyue, outsider! I'd be more than happy to escort you to Inazuma! We just dropped off my friend there. He's looking for his family too! Man, he's been looking for ages... wonder if he'll ever find her... Well, anyways! We'd best be off now, before the storm near Inazuma gets worse. Follow me." She says as she smiles, only to leave me wondering who he is.

The captain starts walking off towards the docks, checking occasionally to assure herself that I'm still following. Finally, her ship comes into sight. The massive sea-borne vessel floats atop the shimmering, ever blue sea, waiting for its next passengers. That next passenger just so happens to be me, a Fatui Harbinger.

"All aboard the Crux!" The captain yells at the top of her lungs, her crew boarding the ship.

I walk onto the ship, the sound of my shoes clicking against the wooden flooring echoing throughout the sea. Slowly, I start to look around, seeing Beidou talking to a man with different looking hair.

"Kazuha.. you should get off now, we're headed back to Inazuma and I know you don't want to go back there." Beidou explains to the mysterious man named, "Kazuha".

"No, Beidou. I need to go back. For my friends." Kazuha explains, looking serious.

"Okay, the journey will not be easy, and we have a new passenger aboard."

"Oh?" Kazuha questions.

This is my chance.

"Hello! My name is Y/N!" I jump into the conversation.

"Hello, I am Kaedehara Kazuha," Kazuha says, "What business do you have in Inazuma?" He asks wistfully.

"Oh...! Well, I'm looking for someone! I'm on a mission to help my memb- I mean, I need to help my friends, however I'm unsure of how I'll be able to help." I explain, catching myself before I out myself as a Harbinger.

Honestly, I feel a little guilty lying to these people I just met, but it's the only way I'll ever get to Inazuma, since the Tsaritsa didn't think ahead to plan me a boat ride.

"Ah, I see. Maybe I will be able to provide some guidance on your problem?" Kazuha asks.

"Mm...." I think.

Shit. If I say the truth then he might catch on... but why do I feel like I can trust him?

"Well, my friends are having some trouble in Inazuma. Some of them are disappearing and we suspect it's someone from one of the Commissions, or someone from the military, but we're unsure so I decided to check it out myself." I explain, slightly lying.

"That is most unfortunate and very peculiar.. a kidnapping? In Inazuma? How bizarre.." Kazuha replies, thinking.

   "Haha, yeah.." I laugh anxiously.

   The ocean casts its blue gaze upon me, almost as if it's calling me towards it. I know that the path to Inazuma will be rough, but I feel prepared for whatever obstacles lie ahead. I am ready. I look up towards the starry ethereal sky, staring at the sea below it, like how a lover would look at the other in a romantic novel. It's an exquisite sight. Different shades of blue all meshing together to create one landscape that my eyes get to behold. I rest my head on my hand, still staring towards the sky and the sea. I wonder how many different shades there are.

   I look down towards the sea once more, as it casts a reflection of myself back at me. For a split second, I feel confident.

• • •

   Suddenly, rain started to fall down from the skies in crashing waves. I heard the Captain yelling orders from inside my small bedroom-like room in the ship. Beidou yelled things like, "Pull up the sail!" "Turn the wheel left!" "Right!" "I said raise the sails or we'll be eaten alive by the waves!"

   All of the danger I'm in becomes real. I start to recognize what could possibly happen to me if something went wrong, and to be honest, I'm scared.

   I lay down amidst the storm outside, hearing the rain beat down against the flooring above me. I take in a breath.

1— 2—

Exhale.

Inhale.

1— 2—

And..

•••

   I wake up, the noise of the rain is long gone, and soon, everything is quiet. I lift myself up from the bed, glancing around the room.

   "Y/N!!!!!!!!!! We're almost here!" I hear Captain Beidou yell.

   I quickly exit the room, heading towards the top of the ship. I push open the door, as sunlight pours into the open space. I walk into the daylight, the sun shining down upon my entrance.

   I make my way to the edge of the ship, looking across the vast sea. As I'm staring, I notice a large land mass coming into view. It's large, gorgeous island reminds me of Eden, a safe haven, which I suppose isn't far off brand for the God of Eternity.

   "We are here. Welcome to Inazuma." Kazuha says.

   "Currently, we are about to dock into Ritou. I have someone here to show you the way to Inazuma City." Beidou explains.

    "Wow, thank you, Captain!" I exclaim, happy at how far I've come.

    The boat soon comes to the dock, the Captain ushering it into its designated spot. I look at the amount of people here, all of them busy with something. I notice that a lot of these people look like travelers.

   "All right! Here's your stop!" Beidou explains.

   "Thank you so much for the journey!" I reply.

   I exit the ship, feeling excited about the journey that lies ahead.