Sandcastles

Daichi was a young boy who loved to play on the beach. Something drew him to the beach 20 minutes away from his house and he was determined to explore every bit of it.

One day when Daichi was in his 3rd year he started falling out of the beach and prefered things like the woods and sports.

When his mother brought him back to 'his' beach he found a smaller kid building sandcastles. He realized the boy was the new kid from his school. He hardly talked to people or people didn't talk to him.

Daichi smiled and walked over even though he had no idea what to say. He stopped half way to the boy, Sugawara Kōshi, and looked at his mom. She nodded and Daichi kept walking. He made it to Sugawara and stopped completely. The boy kept building his sandcastle.

"Hey Sugawara," Daichi started. "I'm in your class. May I play with you?"

Sugawara nodded back happily, "Yeah! Sawamura Daichi, right?"

"Yeppie," Daichi gave a toothy smile, showing the fact one of his teeth fell out.

Daichi joined Sugawara with building a sandcastle. They started talking about everything they thought of and the conversation went to volleyball.

"My mom plays on a beach team here and that's the main reason we moved. They practice every Sunday and there games are on Tuesdays," Sugawara rambled.

"REALLY! My mom loves watching volleyball. We should join a team together! It'll be the best team ever!" Daichi declared with another toothy smile.

The two looked at each other with big smiled and they started talking about the team they want.

"Let's get someone who can jump super-duper high!" Sugawara suggested.

"Yeah! I wanna be a spiker person!" Daichi started. "You can be my setter!"

"Mhm! I wanna do everything!" Sugawara added.

As the two boys talked there parents did too. They just talked to meet the other and maybe plan 'play dates'.

10 minutes later the two needed to leave and they waved goodbye.

The next day at school the to started talking again about the team they'll have.

After school they walked to the beach and built another sandcastle, right where the last one used to be.

This became routine for the two of them: going to the beach and building a sandcastle.

It stayed routine for them for years. So when they started Highschool they continued doing it on the weekends. When they joined the volleyball team they practiced of the beach, then build a small sandcastle together.

When they got there 'dream' volleyball team they built a sandcastle. When Suga was replaced on that team Daichi made sure they built more sandcastle.

When Suga told Daichi that he liked him they were building a sandcastle.

When Daichi got down on one knee and proposed:it was when they were building a sandcastle.

They got married on that beach. They still go there in their free time.