7

The first thing that welcome upon opening my eyes was the green orbs of Felix, as I felt him combing my hair. He showed me his smile before placing a hand to cover my eyes before muttering, "Aunt Emelie is still inside, dealing with the crew about the incident. We're just staying in the car because you feel asleep. I bet it cause you exhaustion dealing with that kid..."

I somehow wanted to ask about the situation. However, with his hand combing on my hair, my drowsiness came back and I have no choice but to return sleeping.

The second time that I open my eyes, I'm already inside of my room, still wearing my clothes from a while ago.

Maybe it was Felix who brought me here again... I thought as I began to reach out for the clock beside my bed to check the time. It turns out that it's still 5:43 PM.

"Such a sleepyhead..." Adolphus said as he fly towards my direction before settling himself on my hands. "But then again, you need to sleep and eat to regain energy, and at least gain height."

"You know that it takes time for this kind of body to develop right?" I asked him, though he seemed to choose to ignore me and choose to sleep on my palms.

Such a sleepyhead... I quietly placed him on my pillow and decided to change my clothes.

I went to my closet to pick a random set of pajamas and immediately changed into it after taking a quick bath.

The moment that I stepped out of the bathroom, Adolphus is still asleep that's why I head to the table beside my bed and remove my prodigious...

It is a simple chain necklace with a wolf fang pendant. The crystal itself is the source of power, and according to my kwami, I could modify it into any jewelry as lomg as I know how to carefully remove and replace the crystal.

Should I take classes as a jeweler once I turned 7? Maybe I could do that...

But my thoughts was soon interrupted by a knock followed by a question from someone I knew, "Avery? Are you awake?"

I picked my kwami and hide him in my drawer before replying, "Yep! I'm awake and the door's open, Felix."

Felix entered my room after I said that. He still wear the same clothes when we went to the TV station this morning.

"You're prepared to sleep again?" He asked after he sat in my bed and looking confusingly at my outfit.

"Yes. Unless you have other plans, I could change in an instant." I boast, causing him to smile. I'm uncertain but I felt that there is something wrong with his smile.

"Good..." he smiled before walking towards my closet and began to pick some clothes.

"Here, wear this first. I'll look for your shoes," he said after he handed me a sleeveless light blue knee-length dress and a cream jacket. I went to the bathroom and changed into it.

It looks nice and cute. Felix definitely have a good taste in fashion.

As I stepped out of the bathroom, Felix guided me to sit in my bed as he carefully put my shoes.

"Thank you," I muttered after he put my shoes on my feet.

"No problem..." He said before extending his hand. I grabbed it and let him guide me outside of the mansion. Luckily, there is no one standing at the emtrance that we had the time to run faster, away from the mansion.

As we run, we laugh and admire the magnificent scene in front of us.

Everything is in the shade of orange and yellow as the sun is about to set in the horizon.

It's beautiful...

We ran and ran until we stop to sit in a bench at the Trocadéro Gardens.

"Wait here. I'll go get something," He said before running off into somewhere.

I stayed and admire the scene in front of me. The Eiffel Tower beautifully stood in front of the sunset. It calm and satisfying to watch.

I fliched when I felt something cold was placed on my right cheek, followed by a laughter. I looked at the culprit with an annoyed expression, however, I was wonderstruck with his laughter.

His laugh felt free as his hair turned into golden-orange because of the sunset. He looked like a carefree child...

Felix seemed to notice that I stared for him for too long and I only come to my senses when he licked off the ice cream from my cheek.

"W-why d-did you do that?" I shockingly asked.

Instead of replying, he just laughed before handing me the ice cream. "This is yours. A scoop of orange with dark chocolate bits ice cream..."

I accepted it and began to enjoy my ice cream, same with Felix although his consists is a scoop of green ice cream.

"What flavor is that?" I asked him but he just extended his ice cream and motioning me to taste it. I took a bite from it and it was too late for me to regret it.

My brain started to freeze after tasting the mint ice cream. Felix just laugh at my side as he tried to comfort me.

We finished eating our ice creams and began to admire the scenario in front of us until the sky was replaced with the stars and moon.

I'm started to wonder if my parents are worried with our sudden disappearance...

"Let's go home?" I asked Felix. But instead of a reply, he hugged me tightly in his arms and started muttering, "It'll be gone tomorrow, but I promised that I'll visit you anytime. No matter wherever you are, I'm always here by your side to treasure and protect you..."

I was speechless for a moment but felt touched with his message. "Me too, Felix. I'm always present even though I'm not physicallu beside you. Always remember that you have me and Adrien. See you next time?"

"Yeah, see you too..." He chuckled before placing another kiss on my forehead.

On that night sky, a promise was sealed between cousins. Different promises but it have a goal to protect and care for one another...

-------------------------------

A

/n

Hello! Sorry for the late update. A lot happened in my life— deadlines, typhoon, earthquake and college stress.

Yes, I'm already a college student (´∩。• ᵕ •。∩')

I'll try my best to update at least once a week due to my busy schedule.

Btw, here's the reference of what I thought for Avery's prodigious

It's similar to the blue one...

Stay miraculous everyone