chapter thirteen

SURPRISE!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳

Epilogue:
5 years later

I roll over with a groan after hearing something come from the other room in our house.

"Gumdrop, it's your turn" I hear Willy mumble quietly into his pillow before falling back asleep.

"Ugh no, it's not" I barely argue back.

I get up out of bed and put on my robe before I make my way out of our bedroom and down the hall and into the spare room.

I open the door and walk to the far wall and look down.

Our 5 month old son is crying.

"Aw, my poor sugarplum. Here, I got you." I bend over and pick my sweet boy up.

I gently bounce and sway him back and forth, trying to calm him down.

"Shh shh shh, It's okay baby boy.  I'm here" I quietly whisper to him while holding him close to my body.

He doesn't stop crying.

"You hungry little one? Or do you need a diaper change?"

I check his diaper and he's good, so he must be hungry. Or he just wants to be held.

He loves being held.

I secure my hold on him and walk to the kitchen to warm up a bottle for him.

I take an empty bottle and fill it with his formula and warm it up.  Once it's warm, I place a drop on the back of my hand to see if it is too hot.

It's not.

He stops crying as I place the nipple of the bottle to his mouth. He latches on right away and starts sucking.

"It looks like our little prince was hungry." I hear a voice say.

I turn around and see Willy wiping the sleep away from his eyes.

"How are my two sweet gumdrops doing?" Willy asks while he presses a kiss to my cheek and our son, Blaise.

"We're good. Our little man just wanted some food"

I hear a cooing noise so I glance down only to see that Blaise is done with his bottle. 

I lift him up to one shoulder and start lightly patting his back to burp him.

After a few moments, Blaise finally spits up some formula and I clean his cute little chubby face up after.

I hand him to Willy once I'm done so I can go clean his bottle.

"Who's a good boy? You! You are my good boy" Willy praises and blows a few raspberries on Blaise's stomach making him giggle.

"Alrighty, time to get you to bed, little one" Willy talks to him as he starts walking towards Blaise's room.

I make sure to turn all the lights off in the kitchen before heading to the bedroom.

I take my robe off and climb up onto the bed and sit under the covers, placing my back against the headboard and wait for Willy to come back.

I hum to a song and by the time I'm done, Willy is back.

"He's asleep, now we can go to sleep"

Willy gets into bed and lays down. I shimmy down and move over to cuddle into his side.

"I love you" I say while I kiss just below his ear.

"I love you, my gumdrop" he says back then moves his head to kiss the tip of my nose.  I giggle.