CHAPTER 33

“I’ve to go find sister Adelia.”

While Adelia and Cain followed Jo Malone to the Winder’s mansion, located in the innermost part of town, Edgar, startled by Enni’s words, approached her after pacing around the open gate for a long time.

“What…? What are you talking about all of a sudden? Are you going to rescue her?”

“It must be a trap. None of the villagers who followed him up until now have returned.”

Stomping her feet, Enni added her words.

Ed licked his lips for a moment, then quickly turned his head and spoke, “She didn’t go alone, anyway. She went with the scary-looking guy who came with her, so he’ll take care of it.”

“….”

“It’s something we don’t have to worry about.”

“Brother Ed!”

“They’re strangers, not like our villagers!”

“….”

“So, don’t say nonsense like you have to go rescue them. Stop and just come home.”

Saying so, Ed turned towards the door, pretending not to notice Enni, who was staring at him. Though as soon as he stepped away, something hit Ed in the back of the head and fell.

“Akk!”

At that, Edgar touched the back of his head and turned around behind him, where he felt the heavy pain.

There, breathing heavily, Enni was glaring at him.

“Enni! What is this—!”

“Coward!”

“What?”

“Brother Ed is a coward and an idiot!”

It seems that the culprit who hit him in the back was his little sister. A bag of jerky that Adelia had given her was tossed around his feet.

Ed frowned as he glanced at the jerky scattered on the floor.

“Whatever. If you don’t go, I’ll go alone.”

Before he could even comprehend her angry, stinging words, Enni turned around and headed for the gate. Seeing his sister moving her steps as though she was going to attack the man’s mansion, Ed hurriedly ran and blocked her way.

“Don’t say nonsense, Enni! What are kids like us going to do there?!”

Despite her sharp gaze, Ed stopped her with his arms wide open like he would never let her pass. Even though he stood in her way, Enni glared at him and opened his mouth.