4

After the encounter at the school I went straight to work. As I walked in my boss rolled his eyes at me and handed me a form.

"Late again" he sighed.

"I know I'm sorry sir" I said aware of being late as usual.

I took the form looking through who the man was on the paper. I worked as a detective with the police but I never really left my office. I spent my time there analysing the targets and giving out forms to the police to go find them, where and to arrest them. I decided how long they would get in prison too so I never felt bothered to see them or talk to them unless it was serious.

I went straight to my office to look over this person and find out as much as I can on him. He was a drug dealer for a wealthy man, it's not illegal what he's doing, nothing bad. Half of Japan sell drugs now, but he also killed the people who betray him, those were usually 15 and 16 year old he forces to work for him so he doesn't get caught. Everyone gets caught one day.

I started to find his address, line of work, phone number, people he has worked for and everything about him. It wasn't hard, I was skilled with my job all I needed was a name and I will find you everything.

As I was working my boss came into my office. He sat down at the seat in front of me and took a huge breathe. Odd.

"Who was the man you were with last night?" He asked me.

He didn't know much about my personal life, we never spoke about that kind of stuff. Why does he want to know who Rindo is?

"A friend" I smiled.

"Just a friend? You seemed close how you were hanging onto his arm and brought him home with your son hugging him" my boss said.

"Did you follow me home? That's really an invasion of my privacy" I chuckled.

"I did what I had to" he shrugged.

What he had to? Following an employee isn't natural. He got up and put another form on my desk.

"Check that, maybe change your company I am far better company then him" my boss smirked and walked out.

I opened the file to see Rindo and the rest of the guys who I saw. All their names and ages put down. Why were they a target?

I kept reading on seeing drug involvement, gangs, murder and other criminal activities. I was aware of who Rindo was and what he does. I never found it scary to me.

I rolled my eyes and closed the papers. This really shouldn't be my problem, he's my friend. He tells me everything I know about it all, but why are they targets?

I left my office to find my boss to ask him about it. Surely he can tell me why. I go to his office but he wasn't there. I search the whole building and don't find him so I go to the front desk to page him to me.

"Sorry to disturb you, do you know where Mr Tomihiro is? Could you page him to my office?" I asked the front desk lady.

"Detective Hanna, he left a few minutes ago. He said he will be back later, maybe an hour or two" she said with a smile.

"Could you page him to me when he gets back?" I asked.

"Of course detective" she smiled.

I left and went back to my office. I guess I can work on other targets till I know why I have Rindo and his friends as one. I can't be a spy amongst them, I would hate that. Knowing how close me and Rindo are he would tell I'm up to something.

I sit back down upset to see their form in front of me and put it in a drawer for now. I will just get back to my work till the boss comes back.

An hour passes and there was a knock on my door. I tell them to come in and it's my boss alongside the head of our whole building, the big boss, my bosses boss in other words. I was stunned to see him but I didn't let that emotion show.

"Oh sit down, I wanted to discuss something" I smiled at him.

"If this is about what I came to give you here earlier then we only want you to spy amongst them, see if they have other enrolments or links to big companies" my boss spoke.

"It is about that. I can't spy amongst my friends, they will see right through me" I sighed gently.

"There's a reason you work here, your our best detective. If your unwilling to co operate with this you should just leave" the head said with a stern sharp voice.

"I understand but I've known him for years, he will see me through, he will know what I'm doing" I sighed.

"Then pretended like your not doing this but we will ask about them often, it's as if we are your friends just asking for some information on your friends to know your good" my boss smiled.

"I'll try my best" I sighed slouching in my chair.

"A lady should sit up" the head said and walked out.

My boss followed him and I felt like crying. I looked at the time and saw I'd have to go see Rindo soon to get my keys and go to the school. How has my day changed so much?

I pick my things up and head out my office. It was 1pm so I head to Rindo's house first. He doesn't know where Kai goes to school so I can't tell him to meet me there.

On my way out the head stopped me by grabbing my arm and pulling me into a dark room on my own with him. I yelped with shock as he pulled me but he covered my mouth quickly.

The room we were in was small, dark and I felt his body heat on me. This was far to close for a professional relationship on an employee and employer.

"Relax, I just want to talk" he whispered to me.

I can't even see his face, but I know it's close from feeling his breathe on me and how close his whispers were to me. I can only hope he speaks again soon telling me what he wants. I do need to be somewhere.