16: we go together like the winter and a sweater

wrote this chapter in June when it's supposed to be Christmas-ish vibes.

anyways, enjoy xxxx - tay

-- -- --

ho ho hopefully - the maine

  Jake woke up to the sound of crashing waves outside the window, followed by the squawking of seagulls. The next thing that alerted him was her smell, that coconut vanilla scent. He knew it wasn't just because they were sprawled out on her bedsheets. When he opened his eyes he saw her, sleeping with just a few centimeters between them. If he moved just a tiny bit, his lips would be able to touch her skin.

Her long eyelashes curled up on her sleeping eyelids. The white blankets covered only half of her torso, making her naked chest visible and accessible to him. Last night her body looked heavenly as it was bathed in the moonlight, but this morning it looked ethereal as it was showered by the early morning sun rays.

A long lock of her hair was covering her face. He couldn't help it, he needed to do something about it. He reached his fingers and pushed it behind her but then her eyelashes started to flutter.

She blinked once at him, trying to decipher if he was real or not. He could see that she was revisiting the raunchy events of last night because her irises were getting bigger. Once the memory settled in, her lips curled up and she gave him the most wonderful smile.

"Good morning," her sleepy voice said.

"Good morning," he raspily replied back to her.

She sat up so she could look at him properly, exposing even more of her breasts which Jake could not move his eyes away from. His mouth was salivating at the mere thought of wrapping his mouth around them.

"Was last night real?" She asked him with wondering eyes.

"If it wasn't I am going to be so pissed when I wake up from this dream," Jake responds.

Carrie giggles and it's a joyful sound. Jake grabs her waist and pulls her closer to him so he could consume her once more. His hungry lips find hers and they are once again entangled in a mess of white sheets.

Their reverie gets interrupted when they hear a knock on the door.

"Carrie, are you awake? I can't find my green hoodie and we're going to be late for sound check." Juliet said from behind the door.

Jake groaned as Carrie pulled away from him, "Fuck, the sound check," she whispered. "What time is it?" She panicked and clumsily reached over Jake to grab her phone and check the timing. "Jules was right, we are going to be late."

"Carrie, are you there?" Juliet's voice filled the room once again. "I can hear you, you know."

"Just a minute, Jules." Carrie said in an effort to buy more time. She couldn't walk in and find Jake here, not after the promise she made to the girls.

Carrie couldn't think about this right now. She needed to hide Jake. She turned to him and quietly said, "You need to get out. Now."

She scurried out of bed to find something to put on, ignoring the disappointing sound coming out of him. She was hoping that he was expressing his sentiment towards her kicking him out rather than a reaction to her naked back.

She pulled an oversized sweatshirt over her head while Jake was frantically putting his clothes back on. Once he was fully dressed he scanned her bedroom trying to figure out how he could leave when Juliet was fully guarding the door. He turned to Carrie and mouthed, "Where the hell do I go?"