Episode 3

TW: Mentions of past abuse and manipulation

3rd POV

"Rin... Even though it was only a short period of one year, thank you for everything!", Nitori says with tears in eyes.

That only causes Rin to look at his teammate in confusion.

"Why are you making such a big deal out of this?", he asks, "We're just changing dorm rooms, since it's a new year."

Rin will now be rooming with Sousuke while Nitori will be rooming with someone else for the school year.

"Yes, but...", Nitori starts to say, but he couldn't get the words out.

So Rin just places his hand on top of Nitori's head.

"Make sure you keep this place clean, even without me here. Later", he says as he walks out of his, now, old room.

"Oh, and also", Rin continues, "Be sure to take care of this guy, too."

As if it was on cue, Momotarou dashes into the room.

"Heya! Nitori, Nitori! Can I have the top bunk?", he asks in excitement.

"S-Sure... I guess", Nitori answers.

Momotarou jumps onto the bottom bunk and Nitori only looks at his new roommate in hesitation.

I'm glad he joined the swim team, but... I honestly don't know how well I'll get along with this first-year, Nitori thinks.

Meanwhile, when Rin makes it to his new room, Sousuke has already started to unpack his things.

"Rin, you always preferred the bottom bunk, right?", Sousuke asks.

"Oh, yeah, you prefer the bottom bunk, too, don't you?", Rin answers.

They try battling over the space by rock, paper, scissors. But before they could draw, a flyer flew in the air and it had a familiar mascot on it.

"Iwatobi Festival?", Sousuke questions.

"Yeah, Gou and (N/N) sent that over", Rin answers.

"It's today, isn't it? You're not going?"

"Like I have time for that."

Rin lays back on the bed while Sousuke sits down on it.

"You should go and see them once in a while", Sousuke suggests, "Gou sounded lonely, talking about how cold you are. And you know how (N/N) can be."

Before he even started to consider it, the door immediately opened up, revealing Momo, who looked excited, while Nitori was trying to keep the first-year from evading Rin and Sousuke's privacy.

"(N/N)?? That's (Y/N), isn't?!", Momo asks.

Rin doesn't answer him as he gets up from his spot and drags Momo out of the room.

"Meet up at the pool!", Rin demands as Nitori follows suit.

...