Magic

Long ago, before the dawn of civilization, before human beings roamed the earth, a power was formed, deep below the earth.

As the world changed, and new creatures began to form, creatures that held the power of the earth were created as well. Years passed, and some of these creatures died, while others thrived, when the dawn of the human race began.

These people formed civilizations, and they thrived. Eventually some of these people began to develop the powers of the earth, and the powers of the earth came to be called magic.

Magic thrived in the world. In harmony with others. You could walk through a village and on one corner see a regular man selling goods, and on the other a magician showing his wondrous little tricks to the children. It was time of peace, and a time of prosperity.

The villagers lived in peace with the sorcerers, and the sorcerers lived in harmony with the creatures of magic.

But time passed, and a King in a large kingdom came to power who grew to hate magic. Sorcerers across the kingdoms were hunted down and burned at the stake for their powers. People lived in fear. Magical creatures turned feral without magicians to tame them. Sorcerers turned bitter, attacking the kingdoms in hope to bring back the dawn of magic to the world.

What the people didn't know, was that as the world above fought, and slaughter happened, below the surface of the ground, the powers of the earth stirred once more creating a child.

This child was born to a peasant women, in a small village at the edge of a large kingdom. The father left before learning of the child, and the mother raised him all her own.

Even as a small babe, the child was ale to use the magic he was created with, even as beyond the walls of his home, his kind was persecuted. The child eventually grew up, learning to hide his natural gifts, for fear of being sentenced to death. One day the child of magic, now an older teen, headed to the kingdom were the hate of his kind was the strongest.

There he learned with a man who worked in the castle of the king, and learned to control and manipulate his magic to his use. And what a use that turned out to be.

The young teen became servant to the prince, son of the tyrant King, and as years passed the secret magician and prince grew to become friends, all the while the servant protecting his master wit the very thing he could be killed for.

Eventually the prince's father died, and the prince became king, and though he was not as harsh as his father by any means, magic was still outlawed through out the kingdoms. The servant, now a charming young man, continued to serve and protect from the shadows, never seeking credit or accommodation for his actions. Happy just to be of service. Until one day, things changed.

A vengeful sorceress, half-sister to the prince, attacked the kingdom and in the heat of battle, the child of magic's powers were revealed, as he defeated the evil sorceress who had long plagued the kingdom.

After long talks, and a short imprisonment, the young man was recognized as a hero, and magic was freed. For years upon years the kingdom thrived, and the young man continued to serve and protect his king, but never again hiding. But, as everyone knows, all good things must come to an end.