Henrik Mikaelson pt. 3

Henrik finally arrives in New Orleans. He meets his siblings. They make progress with the ring. Lots of questions and angry words are exchanged.

I decided to just go ahead and keep updating. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at the moment about the website. It is a mirror site; it will upload every new chapter no matter what. I have too many readers on here whom I appreciate, so I will continue updating until the end of the story.

————————————

April 11

————————————

They go to the Compound. Keelin had called Henrik, and he said he would be there within a couple of hours.

Now, they wait.

They gather outside in the courtyard. No one has said a word to Keelin save for Elijah's greeting when they first arrived. The girls converse with Bonnie and Elena, while Klaus speaks to Caroline.

They wait for what seems like an eternity, but is really only just under two hours. Hope is set up with an art easel and some paints, and once Henrik pulls into their driveway, Hayley instructs Elena to stay with her while everyone else goes to meet him.

Against her wishes, Keelin steps away from Freya and meets Henrik at his vehicle.

"Hey." She holds the edge of his door as he turns sideways, pulling the key from the ignition.

Rik glances behind her. His breath catches when he lays eyes on his entire family for the first time since the night of his tragic death.

They're older, different. It's... interesting to see Nik and Elijah without their long hair. He notices Elijah is dressed to the nines; no surprise at all. Rebekah is still beautiful – even more so if possible.

Kol is so grown up. He... He looks so different from the big brother who used to hold Henrik's hand and help him over fallen logs in the forest when they would go frog-hunting.

And Freya. He has no memory at all because he didn't know she exited until a few years ago; only recognizes her from photographs.

But those pictures... Oh, those pictures don't do her justice.

His family is a beautiful bunch, and he wishes he could have been there for them.

Keelin follows his gaze and smiles. She gives him a moment. He seems to be in a trance. Oh, what she would give to have this moment with her own family.

Keelin leans back and watches them watch her and Henrik. No one says a word, not even Klaus. She was sure he would be the first to say something. She looks at Freya and almost speaks herself.

Only to be interrupted.

"So, is someone going to say something, or..."

They turn at the sound of Elena's voice. She and Hope have joined them outside. Hope peeks around her back. Her right hand grips Elena's shirt as her left fingers run across her lips. It's a nervous gesture. Keelin smiles at her, winking when the young girl meets her eye.

Klaus and Hayley watch as she steps around Elena. Klaus is about to intervene, and his fingers graze the edge of her dress when she darts away.

"Uncle Henrik!"

It breaks him from his trance. He scoops her up and revels in the feeling of his niece finally in his arms. He's wanted this for so long. The astral projection only allowed for a specific amount of physical contact. It was nothing compared to this – not even close.