𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚔

𝙲𝚆: 𝚍𝚛𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚔𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 & 𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚊𝚕  𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐.

╭┈──── ◌ೄ◌ྀ ˊˎ

Revivebur x Reader

"Hello, did you miss me?"

Your heart hammered in your chest as you watched the nerve-racking scene unfurl before you. You felt your breath come to a halt as you tried to let in slow, quiet breaths, determined to not let anyone know of your presence.

Your hand gripped tightly on the bark of the tree you hid behind, as if trying to find comfort in it. But the tree was no sentient being. It offered no means of comfort or any actual safety. You were alone. Now, you were left with only you and your thoughts, and one question replayed itself countless times in your mind.

Could he really be back?

Of course, you'd imagined scenarios in which you saw him again repetitively at night, though they were nothing but dreams. You'd always hoped to see him again- the real him- the one who still had his sanity and would give anything for L'Manburg.

Your focus returned back to the conversation occurring in front of you once you heard your name being mentioned. Your stomach twisted in fear as you listened in.

"Y/n? Why would you want to know where she is?" You heard Tommy's voice ask, almost defensively. You now felt very out in the open, despite clearly being out of your ex-lover's vision.

Taking a few moments to understand what must have lead to Tommy's response, your eyes widened slightly. Only now did it hit you how well you and Wilbur must have been hiding your relationship from everyone else- or perhaps Tommy was simply unaware.

You watched carefully as Wilbur shrugged, his long dark coat following the movements of his shoulders and swaying in the wind.

"No reason." Wilbur replied. He seemed amused by Tommy's reaction to his initial question, answering with something that would surely aggravate him.

Viewing the interaction between the two, you decided that you wanted to leave. Yes, eavesdropping would be helpful, if the person you were eavesdropping on wasn't searching for you for some unknown reason. It made your stomach knot up with unease.

You slowly scanned your surroundings, trying to find some place you could possibly run towards, or a place that could guarantee you were shielded from Wilbur until he left.

Your eyes darted around several buildings and structures, both big and small, until they finally landed on an ender portal possibly thirty meters away from you. You had used it a couple of times, and would most likely be able to find your way home that way. While the run would be completely out in the open, if you ran fast and quietly enough, you could wait for a moment when Wilbur would turn his back and go undetected. And, after what you guessed was a few minutes, he did.

You quickly dashed towards the portal, your legs trying to quietly make it there but it was of no use- you sacrificed the silence for the speed. You'd have to hope that either Wilbur had obtained horrible hearing while in the afterlife, or that you could run fast enough that he didn't see you.

Unfortunately, you guessed neither was the case.

Still, you didn't look back for even a second as you bolted down the bridges in the nether, trying to ignore the nausea that came from having just entered a new dimension. You knew you'd have to stop soon to catch your breath as air in the nether was too thin and warm, but for now, you continued running.