𝖈𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊: 𝖘𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖔𝖚𝖗

"Please tell me you have some sort of plan Pirate King

"Please tell me you have some sort of plan Pirate King." Y/n sighed heavily. Hongjoong only smiled, holding up the chemical mercury from his fingers. The silver color liquid dripped through his fingers like some silvery slime. It irked her, making her nose scrunch up in disgust. Her face was hidden behind her mask yet her friend could easily see her face. It was night, snow falling from the sky like powdered sugar. The winter air hit their faces harshly as it blew through the rooftops. The moon was high making the night cooler than it was during the day.

Currently they were on a mission. A mission that could lead them to their main case, 'The Killing Joke'.

Y/n side eyed her strange friend who expertly moved the mercury that could in fact be poisonous to the human body. But for him, that was his power. Though he still had the risk of poisoning himself if he wasn't careful.

"I do. Look Detective, your smart right?"

"The hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Just listen Detective."

Y/n rolled her eyes but let the man continue his science lesson.

"Did you know that Mercury is a good conductor for electricity? Its used in many fluorescent lights."

"Right."

"Well the only way to go in through the building is one door. The door is only electric and could only be open by one key. Now I was thinking we could use your AI that can change the frequencies of said key as we always do but—" Hongjoong let the mercury slither down his fingers and drop on the rooftop.

"You want to me to break it but instead of the alarms going off like it's program to do, because of your power, the mercury would be able to conduct the electricity and using that we can transfer that electricity to a different circuit, right?" Y/n finished with a raised eyebrow. Hongjoong winked at her with a big grin.

"See and this why your the detective. Basic law of chemistry!"

"Right, but there's still one question that leads to, what other circuit do you want to transfer the electricity to?"

"Easy! The lights! Remember mercury is the mainly used in frequent light switches, do you know how many buildings use fluorescent lights? Tons in this city!"

"So we're going in stealth mode? We could just avoid all that by having me simply hacking into the system. I created my AI specifically for situations like these."

"True but there's a flaw in your machinery Detective, this technology isn't even in register in the city's system. This isn't some stolen parts from B.A.T enterprises, but parts stolen from overseas and some parts aren't even made to begin with. Most criminals we deal with have had some sort of stolen parts from the city but that's not the case here." Hongjoong explained. Y/n thought for a moment before crossing her arms over her chest.