introduction

WELCOME TO HEART LOCKET

❝The silence hidden in my heart, is my only uphold power that I can contain, whom is better than having no power at all.❞
____________________

author's note:

Hi! my name is angelica but you can call me angel for short.

Thank you for giving my book a chance, I really appreciate it!

I want to start off by saying that this is my first attempt at writing a book so please don't expect it to be perfect. English is unfortunately not my native language therefore there will be grammar and spelling mistakes. However, don't hesitate to correct me when you catch an error no matter how small it is.

I'm in no way shape or form a professional writer, I am simply writing for fun and to fill the void inside of me so please remember to be kind, not just to this specific story but to other authors as well. I will not tolerate any sort of hate but of course constructive criticism is allowed. Feel free to let me know what I should improve on or give me any feedback in the comments, again just do it in a kind manner.
____________________

disclaimer:

The main character in this story used to have a type of heart cancer, known as Rhabdomyoma. This book will talk about her struggles with this disease in past tense and present tense very rapidly. I want to ensure I capture what people who are battling with cancer go through as realistic as possible, especially as someone who has dealt with cancer before.

Parts of this story will also be written in Filipino language due to the fact that the mc's mother is Filipina. I will of course include the translations for each dialogue.

There will be no smut as I'm not comfortable with writing it. Not to mention, the characters are teenagers.

This book is set in the 1990s- 2000s and will switch from past and present events.

The characters are not perfect and are messed up in their own way. They will say some things that I myself don't even agree with, although it is a significant part of their character development.

Please do not steal my plot and characters. This is a piece of original work that has been brainstormed by me.

copyright © 2022 starryxwings
all rights reserved.
____________________

trigger warning:

- trauma
- abuse
- suicide
- drug abuse
- self harm
- sexual assault
- depression
- panic attacks
- foul language
- bullying/harassment
- side effects/experience of chronic illness

This book contains mature themes. If you get triggered by any of these listed above, I suggest that you do not continue to read the rest of this book.

MOST IMPORTANTLY if you or anyone you know struggles with any of these subjects please reach out for help. You deserve to be heard.
____________________

character aesthetics:

CORDELIA SOLACE

EZEKIEL VINSON

Feel free to imagine them however you like, this is just how I personally see them!

(Just to let you know, Cordelia's hair is naturally light brown but you will find out later in the story why she has blond hair)
____________________

Phew, that was a lot to uncover but very much needed.

Here are my social media accounts if you
want to follow me. I will be posting additional content on there to go along with my books.

tiktok: @starryxwings
pinterest: @starryxwings
instagram: @starryxwings
spotify: @ica

Finally, thank you again for checking out my book. I hope you can stay throughout this journey. I love you and enjoy!

- angelica <3
____________________

started: 4/15/22
published: 5/27/22
finished: tbd