prologue | heartache

CORDELIA SOLACE
____________________

The Heart.

They say the heart knows its true desires, emotions, and feelings. For some, it might be the very form of a campus, leading you to the right path, or perhaps it can be deceitful and ultimately escort you to your downfall, straight off the tip of the mountain.

Unfortunately for me, I have neither of those alternatives. My heart doesn't belong to me. It's just there inside of me, simply trying to survive and barely pumping any oxygen into my veins.

I will never know what my heart truly yearns for nor will I ever know its exact feelings, especially the type of feeling where boost of serotonin flows throughout your body, resisting any object to your potential destruction.

There is nothing I could do except dream.
Dream of what it would be like to desire for something, long for something and ache for something. But the feeling I crave the most is the one thing every humankind craves for, and that is love.

If there is one thing I could wish for among all the riches of this world, it would be to fall in love.

I doubt it would happen because I'm not made to be loved, at least that is according to the living disease inside of me. I'm a fragile being whose purpose is to just exist.

Maybe my only sole purpose was to be a weight of rocks on people's backs. A burden to anyone who has the tiny bit of ounce to approach my existence and be present in my life.

It may conceivably be written in the stars, the words hanging in the night sky that I am a form of ruination. After all, that could be my destiny.

To ruin people's lives.

I'm not made to be loved, fall in love and be shown love.

And I never will.

I'm completely and utterly an object to hate.

All because of the foundation of my heart.

____________________

author's note:

I finally posted the prologue after overthinking it many times. The writing is a little messy still but I guess it's fine for now.

Also, I don't have a update schedule at the moment, it's usually when I finish a chapter and I'm satisfied with it that I'll update lol.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed and make sure to write down any of your thoughts and opinions in the comments. I love you!

- a <3