TK ate the pasta Carlos cooked for him at an odd time. He knows he shouldn't let himself get spoiled like this. But he can't help when it's Carlos. He wants to enjoy everything his boyfriend has to offer as long as they are together and he also hopes this 'as long as' is forever. They spent an hour or so of passionate love making and Carlos was lying in TK's naked chest when TK finally decide to pick up the conversation they left on the couch.

"My dad said something which is bothering me."

Carlos tried to get up and have a serious conversation, not a post sex casual talk because he knows this is something serious and important if it's bothering TK. But his boyfriend didn't let him and pulled him to his chest again. "You don't have to. This is something stupid which shouldn't be bothering me at all but it is. I guess I am just having the only child syndrome or something. I mean I am a grown man and still feeling jealous over something like this. Why am I like this?" TK said looking at the ceiling as if something interesting is going on there. Carlos peeked a little bit and laid his head again on TK's chest.

"Everything you feel is important and valid TK. You feel something for a reason and I bet that is not stupid. And even if it is stupid, it is still valid." TK kissed his hair at that. Carlos has a supernatural ability to ease TK's tension in seconds.

"You know for how long me and the 126 is trying to convince him to have his surgery? And he has been declining every possible solution we come up with. You were there once too."

"Mm-hmm I was. Is Owen okay?"

"He is. Till now at least. But he is suddenly all interested in getting the surgery because he is becoming a father and the baby needs their father beside them. I know I should be happy that what I was trying to do for days, the baby could do without even doing anything. But it makes me sad that my dad didn't think I needed him too. Beside me, for my entire life. He only wanted to get better when he knew about the baby. I know I was never the child who could keep his parents together. I might even have become the topic of conflicts between them even after they got separated with my addiction and all other choices I made in my life. They blamed each other individually for me becoming that way. Maybe they are finally having the child that can keep them together" TK paused for a moment and continued "You know what babe, I'll just get over it. You must be thinking what kind of man I fell in love with who gets jealous with an unborn kid, who is apparently his sibling." TK chuckled but Carlos could totally hear the sadness in that familiar sound. Carlos was surprisingly quiet all the time while TK was pouring his heart out. It's been almost five minutes TK stopped talking and Carlos hasn't uttered a single word yet, which is surprising. Carlos would always stop TK's negative talk the moment he starts. "Babe?" TK called him softly. "Have you fallen asleep?" Carlos still didn't say anything but just shook his head. TK rubbed his arm in reply. "You must be sleepy. We should sleep now." He was preparing to settle both of them comfortably when he noticed something wet on his chest which is not obviously sweat from their previous activities. "Hey babe look at me. Hey!" TK tried to pull Carlos's face towards him but he hugged him tighter instead. "No" Carlos replied softly.

"What happened? Can you tell me?" asked the man staring down at his boyfriend's head with his beautiful green eyes.

"How could he say that? It makes me so sad and mad at the same time. How could he make you feel like you were never enough? Because Ty, no child is responsible for what their parents do in their personal lives. Or how fucked up they are. How could he say that he is becoming a father? He is already a father. Of a very beautiful, kind hearted man who only knows how to help people even if it ends up putting him in danger. How could he-"Carlos sniffled.

"Baby, it's fine. It's fine." TK said rubbing Carlos's arm. "It's not their fault that I feel that way you know. They didn't really make me feel that way. I am the one who is dumb, jealous and has abandonment issues." He chuckled.

At that Carlos finally sat up and looked straight at those beautiful green eyes he loves. "How could you say that? Do you even realize how that makes me feel? Knowing that my boyfriend thinks he doesn't deserve good things and blames himself for that?"

"Because that is how it is Carlos. You set yourself up for a broken piece." TK looked at him smiling sadly.

"You know what? I am so mad at you that I don't want to talk to you right now." Carlos got up from the bed.

"Where are you going? You know you can sleep here and not talk to me until you feel better. What happened to the 'not walking away' and talk like adults?" TK was about to get mad at this point.

Carlos didn't spare him a second glance and walked away. The angriness TK was about to develop turned in to something sad. A tear rolled down from his eyes. He tried to sleep thinking it would get better in the morning when Carlos has calmed down but he couldn't sleep. He tossed left and right for quite a few minutes when he heard the very familiar footsteps approaching their bedroom. He pretended to be sleeping turning head to the opposite direction of where his boyfriend sleeps. He felt the mattress dipped slightly but didn't move. Carlos lied just beside him like he always does and hugged him like always. "I am still mad at you but I can't sleep without you. And knowing you, I know you wouldn't be sleeping either thinking this is your fault again." He kissed the place between his neck and shoulder.

TK smiled softly and rubbed his hands softly, indirectly letting him know that it's fine. They are fine. They slept in each other's embarrass waiting for a better tomorrow.

Carlos woke up before TK, like he always does. They have their shifts starting almost at the same time. He was making breakfast when he saw TK coming down looking all adorable in his bed hair, rubbing his eyes like a lost puppy. He came straight to the kitchen where his boyfriend was. He needed his morning hug and kiss but wasn't sure if he was going to get any.

"Are we okay?" TK asked before looking at Carlos. His boyfriend didn't reply with words but cupped his face with both his hands leaning in to kiss him. The lost puppy wrapped his arms around the latter's waist and replied to the kiss with everything he had. They broke the kiss after a good five minutes and Carlos gave a final peck on his right cheek before leaning back. "We are. I was just acting like a child. I know." Carlos said shyly rubbing the back of his neck.

"You were." TK grinned.

Carlos pouted at that. "Your fault. Because you act like a child all the time and I picked that from you."

"Oh? Very adult of you to blame it on me when you were being a child because I blamed myself, for the first place." TK grinned widely and Carlos couldn't help but whine.

"It's not the same!!!"

"Oh yeah? So, you get to decide the different meanings of the same sentence? Aren't you a little control freak?" TK was giving him a very known teasing smile.

"Shut up. You love it."

TK wrapped his hands around his boyfriend's neck pulling him for a passionate kiss. After making out for few minutes, when it started getting messier and TK tried to put his hand under the t-shirt of his boyfriend, Carlos broke the kiss first and TK whined.

"As much as I would like to continue tiger, Austin won't stop having emergencies just because their two first responders decided to have sex." The cop said smiling. TK snorted at that. "Such a mood killer."