𝕽𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

The sounds of whining and howling were constantly repeated over and over inside the room. Even with your hands locked together by these tight handcuffs, you still managed to find a comfortable position to hug Ray's head affectionately, pressing small kisses on top of his furry head who was currently placed on your lap.

Connor-57, meanwhile, was applying mechanical assistance to Ray's wound caused by a gunshot. Besides some problems at walking and keeping himself perfectly balanced, no vital biocomponent were harmed.

The second the androids arrived and Tyler's body collapsed on the floor, many hands made contact with your own body and tangled you rapidly on the ground painfully.

Your head was completely immobilized when another couple of androids dragged Tyler's body outside the place like it was a simple sack of mouldy potatoes.

Connor explained to you that many soldiers found alive in the battlefield were held as hostage to negotiate with humans or even interrogated to know the various human bases located in the area.

Perhaps death was a better fate than that. God and RA9 only know what those poor humans went through.

There was still the necessity to sift through the area completely to make sure there were no other soldiers or simple humans hiding in the surroundings.

Luckily, you were transferred to another house near the area escorted by Connor-57 itself. It may have been his sophisticated scanners that revealed large amounts of stress on your part, it could be to allow the scans of other androids to not detect your presence as well, you will never know.

This house was in the same circumstances as all the other buildings inside this damn country, maybe a little less ruined. Furniture was destroyed, glass was spread everywhere on the floor, mold visible and blood of different colors splattered all over the walls.

In the center of the room there was a single, large, red colored couch a little faded and pierced by different cuts and bullets, showing the soft yellow material that composed it from the inside.

57 sat on the sofa in a very strange way, you would have called it unfocused: but there was nothing vulgar or inelegant about his sitting. It was his way of sitting, much like how you witnessed many times already: legs spread, back close to the sofa, comfortable... it fit in that position, he relaxed, it was his moment of transgression, his way of telling the world: "I am like this, accept me for who I am"

He softly patted the side of the couch right next to him. An order to not be confused with it being a lovable invitation.

Going against his soft request, you took on the other side of the couch, forming a non-ignorable distance between the two of you.

You almost managed to escape from them, there is no need to play the part of the perfect partner anymore.

Your eyes moved from your handcuffed hands to a framed photo laying on the floor. Even with the multiple cracks above the glass that protected it, you managed to scrutinise the face of two adults together with a small girl. All their faces showed a radiant smile and embodied happiness. Even if you didn't know them, you really hoped nothing happened to this poor people.

"How long are you going to stay quiet?" Long, cold like ice fingers brushed against the soft flesh of your cheek while you could sense his shift in movements to get closer to you.

Instinctively, you leaned against his touch, feeling warmth building up inside your body despite being completely surrounded by cold air.

"Had it not been for me these androids would have imprisoned you without my acknowledgment. I would really be hurt to never see your face again". It was so unbelievably uncomfortable to hear his voice right next to your ear... so strangely unbearable to feel his hot, artificial breath on the skin of your neck.