𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

"Absolutely not"

Tamaki's smile faltered at the crude answer the boy - Oura, as Arisu had said he was called - gave him. As soon as he'd delivered the news he'd been planning since he first saw them enter the second year classroom, the brunette's hands had quickly moved from their place on his lap to the mouth of his companion, who didn't get the chance to utter a word before her mouth was rudely covered.

Tamaki raised a brow, getting frustrated. "May I ask why you wouldn't like to be a part of our host club?"

Oura looked at him as though he'd grown two heads. His eyes stared at him like he was the most idiotic creature he'd ever come across, and frankly, the answer he could have given to Tamaki was not a suitable excuse (all things considered, he couldn't just outright reveal his and Eleonora's identities within just a few hours).

He scoffed "I'm not here to be part of some...host club, as you call it. In case you aren't aware, some people here care more about their futures than pleasing random girls in their ridiculous romantic fantasies"

Tamaki sure hoped he wasn't the only one shrinking back from the rudeness of the boy's words. He had seemed calm at first glance, but Tamaki guessed not anymore. His hospitality had been evaded with harsh words.

Still, he was obstinate. So he kept prodding annoyingly.

"And what about this beautiful lady?" He turned towards Eleonora. "Surely she has an opinion of her own?"

When Tamaki saw the fierceness in the boy's eyes diminish considerably, he thought he'd struck gold.

Oura seemed hesitant, reluctant to remove his hands from where they were firmly pressed against the girl's mouth, to prevent her from saying something that would doom them both. He grimaced slightly a few times, and Tamaki could only assume with dread that the girl was licking his hand to be let free.

In the end, Oura backed down, looking defeated and ready to be swallowed whole by the earth by the time Eleonora opened her mouth with a contemplating expression.

"well..."

Unfortunately, right as Tamaki awaited her answer at the edge of his seat, the doors opened abruptly, drowning out whatever she had said, and revealing three odd strangers. With their crazy hair, piercings and...personalized uniforms, they stood out like a sore thumb.

Everyone turned to look at the newcomers. Two of them looked mildly amused, while the third bore an expression filled with dread.

"Uh...welcome?" Tamaki said, confused. He shot Kyoya an inquiring look, however his friend seemed to be as disconcerted as himself.

"Hi!" Said the girl with the disheveled space buns. To his right, Tamaki noticed Sofia twitching with recognition.

The two boys followed the girl towards the sofas the rest of the hosts were sitting around. Everyone remained silent, not sure how to proceed.

"Is this the host club?" The guy with purple hair asked, his eyes shining with something Tamaki didn't entirely like.

Tamaki pulled himself together and forced down his annoyance, replacing it with a charming smile that would make girls swoon.

"Why, yes it is!" Said he with humorless cheer. "Is there anything you need? If you have some service today, I'm afraid to disappoint you. We are closed for the afternoon"

Tamaki almost grimaced at his mediocre excuse. He sounded like a shop owner.

"Sorry for the disruption" said the raven haired boy, who had remained silent until then. He stared Tamaki down with stoicism "my friend here was eager to join, and she insisted we came at once"

Tamaki, still unnerved by the wide smile displayed on the girl's lips, spared her a look before gazing at the other hosts, silently asking for help.

Much to his surprise, it was Arisu who stepped up.

"Marvelous, glad to hear the transfer students are eager. If you don't mind Tamaki, Kyoya and I could interview them while you finish up here?"

He couldn't be more grateful to have that narcissistic brat around.

"That would be ideal, yes" he said, still reeling.

Arisu and Kyoya ended up leading the strangers to another room, while he sat back down in front of the still waiting Oura and Eleonora.

"So, where were we? Oh, that 's right. Eleonora was able to give me her answer"

Oura grumbled. Tamaki didn't know if to feel offended he'd thought he'd forget so easily, or glad he got under the boy's skin so much.

Eleonora coughed.

"Well, I was originally going to refuse"

The honesty made Tamaki internally grumble.

"But it is true we should socialize some more" Oura's dislike towards that plan was awfully noticeable. "So I guess it couldn't hurt"

If it was appropriate of him, Tamaki would've jumped in victory.

But he contained himself.

Barely.

It became evident the twins are ecstatic as well. The rest of the hosts remained indifferent to the prospect of someone else joining.

"Great then!" He exclaimed, getting up and gesturing for them to do the same "let's seal the deal"

Eleonora looked at him weirdly, but still shook his hand, setting Oura up for his impending demise.

"It's good to have you as part of our team!"

•──•─•──•✦•──•─•──•
Words
954