twelve

Obsidian eyes stared into the distance. The light seeping through the windows, past the pink curtains, was burning his eyes, but he kept on staring from the distance. He positioned his hand over his notebook, where he had written things he had been observing over the past week.

Tamaki Suoh was quite an interesting character.

A shame, really. Considering he was there to kill him.

Alexandre snapped his gaze back to the notebook on top of the table, scribbling a few words under the last point he had made in his list.

 Target is vain, but considerate.

He looked back up at Tamaki, who was a few meters away, tending to a young girl Alexandre assumed was a First Year. He was softly tilting her chin up, a charming smile grazing her lips and-

Alexandre erased the "considerate" from the list, replacing it with "self-centered" and "misleading".

That seemed fair

"you are hopeless, you know that?"

Asahina waltzed up to him with a grin, having just finished her session with a male client she and Haruhi had been working with.

"meaning?" he asked cooly, not really paying attention to her insinuation.

"What? Am I supposed to ignore the longing glances you send his way whenever he is having a session with a customer?"

She was testing his patience now.

"I'd recommend you shut those ideas down this instant. We are here to get rid of a target, I'm just observing said target's behavior" He said, sending a deathly glare her way, much to her outrageous satisfaction.

"right, well. Tell me how that plays out for ya"

She walked away.

Was he really that creepy?

"yes, you are" Adonis replied for him as he heavily sat on the chair next to Alexandre's, peering at his list "gee, those are a lot of characteristics"

Alexandre didn't spare him a glance, keeping the notebook in his suitcase. If he followed that trail of conversation, memories would surface. Memories neither him or Adonis would like to remember.

"just doing our job" he said instead, looking unamused "unlike you two"

"If you really want to "observe the target's behavior" that much, I firmly believe it would be easier for you to get close to him instead. Y'know, talk to him like a normal human being instead of a creep that stares intensely from a distance"

Alexandre sighed. That was a valid point, but poorly viable.

"Why don't you do it?" he shot back.

"Because, while you are stuck here, ogling at that poor fool, I actually gathered intel on their lives outside of school. His and his father's. Did you know his mother went M.I.A when he moved here from France? He is an illegitimate child."

"That seems rather...sad," Alexandre frowned. Adonis laughed.

"It is, but that only makes this case that more interesting. In my opinion" He brushed a strand of his purple hair out of his face, and Alexandre caught a peek of his multiple piercings. He remembered accompanying him to get them, from the first one, to the last.

He scoffed, getting rid of the obnoxious feeling of nostalgia. It wasn't the time.

Adonis had begun to stare at him blankly, seeming like he had something to say, but deeming it inappropriate. So he shut up and turned his attention to the other transfer students, Oura and Eleonora.