Chapter 1

As Xiulan looked at the potions vial, she pondered over her life. She transitioned from being an heiress to the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black to becoming Yi Xiulan, a normal mundane girl. She left with her inheritance because her mother was pushing her to follow the Dark Lord.

As a Black, she refused to bow down to anyone. So, Lycoris faked her death and escaped to China to start anew. She managed to establish a company and even got married. But, she had too high expectations for her married life and became utterly disappointed in the end.

Xiulan could have asked for a divorce, but there were two things stopping her. Her children and her desire for family. Eventhough she and Yao Liwei, her husband, are at odds, she managed to birth three children for him. Her twin sons, Yao Yijun and Yao Yu and her youngest son, Yao Xieren. 

She loved her sons and husband even if she was mistreated by them. But the last straw was when she overheard them calling Liwei's white moonlight mother and wife. Her heart broke into pieces and Xiulan lost the will to keep walking on. 

She laughed bitterly. Her eldest brother was in Azkaban, Regulus is dead, and she has no more interactions with the rest of her family. All the sadness and depression flooded her being. She couldn't take it anymore. 

Why.

Why!!

'Was she not a good wife?!! Was she not a good mother?!!', Xiulan hysterically thought. The Black family madness was consuming her. At least, she won't hurt her loved ones and they'll be happy without her.

She inhaled a deep breath and downed the vial in her hands. "My life started with magic and ended with magic. How ironic.", Xiulan thought. The vial dropped from her hands and her body lost strength. The last thing she saw was the door being slammed open.

1 hour ago

Yao Liwei was going over paperwork in his office in his company when all of a sudden, he collapsed onto his desk. There was no one who checked on him because the employees knew not to disturb their tyrant boss no matter what they hear. 

It took a few minutes and he got up while staring at his hand. Liwei suddenly rushed to a mirror and looked at himself intently. If you look at him, you wouldn't notice anything wrong. But the eyes are the window to the soul. His dark hazel eyes looked weary, but behind that you can see the madness and possessiveness in it.

Suddenly, the man began to laugh like a loon. Liwei couldn't believe it. He actually transmigrated back into his younger self! His wife Xiulan was alive and not dead! 

In his previous life, Xiulan was dead for five days before anyone checked on her. At her funeral, there were people who came that he has never seen before. Come to think of it, one of the men there looked quite similar to his dead wife. 

He thought that without his married status, he won't be hindered to pursue what he wants. But as the years go by, his life started to become dull. His sons became reserved and moved out the moment they became adults. Not even his lover could brighten up his life. The only one that he could think about was his now dead wife. Xiulan occupied his thoughts 24/7.

It wasn't until his lover badmouthed her that he realized what was wrong with him. His whole body was full of rage and he snapped. Liwei grabbed a knife and slashed the woman's throat. She gurgled blood and fell down. He then straddled her waist and continuously stabbed her body until it was limp. 

His whole body was splattered with the red liquid. He was so caught up in his high that he didn't notice his son, Yijun, at the doorway. 

Liwei finally realized that he missed and loved Xiulan. He didn't appreciate her presence in his life and now she's gone. Regret was prominent in his mind but obsession also dominated it. 

Xiulan...Xiulan...Xiulan..Do you think you can escape me by dying?

No, we're husband and wife. We pledged to always be together. Liwei was slowly going insane and snapped out of it when he heard slow clapping. He flashed a deadly glare at the direction of the clapping.

Yijun walked slowly to his psychotic father emotionlessly, but his eyes had amusement in it. Of course, as a father, Liwei can read his son. They both smirked at eachother and silently made a partnership. The partnership also extended to his other sons who showed up later.

Their goal. Yi Xiulan.

Yao Liwei stopped reminiscing and hurriedly looked at the time and date. When he saw it, his blood ran cold. Today was the day his wife committed suicide and left him. The authorities only gave an estimate of her time of death. 

Without hesitation, the man grabbed his keys and sped back home. Once he got home, his sons were back from school. He barely noticed that all three looked as panicked as he did. He'll definitely look into that later.

Liwei rushed up the staircase and practically sprinted to Xiulan's room. He slammed the door open and the scene inside almost caused him to collapse right there and then. There she was on the floor. A vial on floor and his wife looking dead. 

He just froze until the paramedics came a minute later. I turns out Yijun called an ambulance. All he can do is follow them to the hospital. In his heart, Liwei just hopes it's not too late. He didn't believe in God, but just this time. He prayed as hard as he could for the survival of his beloved wife.

While Liwei was busy sending multiple prayers out. He didn't know that the poison was magical from the Black Family Grimoire and only the head of the family can cure her. Non magical hospitals won't be able to treat her.

The only the Yao family can count on is the current Patriach of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Black. Their problems are just starting and secrets will come out of the open.