Chapter 2

*Hospital*

Third pov.

Liwei and his three sons waited anxiously outside the emergency room. It's been a few hours and the lights still hasn't gone out.

'If only I was faster and realized the date sooner. Then, this wouldn't have happened' thought Liwei. He was so caught up with his thoughts that he didn't see Yijun, Yu, and Xieran exchanging glances with each other.

Xieran sighed and went up to his father and patted his back. "We should have hope that mom will be okay. We shouldn't think the worse." said the youngest son. His words did comfort his father a little, but they didn't have time to think when the doors flew open.

The doctor walked out and asked "Are you all the patient's family members?" The four people in the room nodded and started questioning the doctor rapidly.

The doctor introduced himself as Dr. Wei and proceeded to inform them of Xiulan's condition. "Unfortunately, the damage to the patient's immune system was too severe. She is now in a healing coma. We are not optimistic of when she'll wake up. I'm sorry." Said Dr. Wei.

The news made Liwei and his sons all freeze and they almost went on a rampage if it wasn't for the fact that Xiulan is still alive. At least, they managed to get her treatment in time, preventing her death.

Little did they know, their lives are about to encounter major changes. They had no idea that the operating doctor was a squib and he sensed Xiulan's magic.

Protocol requires he report a magical patient to the Chinese Ministry of Magic and that's what he did. His report was forwarded to the Department of Foreign Affairs because of Xiulan's real identity.

The Department Head quickly ran to the Minister's office and reported the news to him. The Minister's face was grim and solemn. This wasn't an ordinary case. This was a case involving one of the living heirs of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Black.

Despite Xiulan seeking asylum in China, she was still a British citizen. He then proceeded to privately contact Gringotts Bank. He would rather the goblins help him deal with negotiations rather than deal with that bumbling British fool of a minister, Cornelius Fudge.

The Chinese branch of Gringotts contacted their Bristish counterparts and relayed the information. They quickly called for a meeting with the Head of the House of Black.

*Diagon Alley: Gringotts Bank*

Arcturus Black was seen walking with his cane tapping on the ground. He received a missive from Gringotts concerning his wayward granddaughter, Lycoris.

He reached the counter and was escorted by one of the tellers to one of the rooms in the back. "Lord Black, we are glad you can make it." said Sharpclaw.

"I would like to get straight to the point. Where is my granddaughter and what happened?" demanded Arcturus. Sharpclaw ignored his tone and told him of the happenings in China with his granddaughter.

It was then that Arcturus got the shock of his life. Lycoris was married? She had children?! She's in a magical coma on the verge of death?

"How could this happen?! The child I knew would never poison herself. She was too headstrong for that." mumbled Arcturus.

He quickly gathered himself and requested they bring him to his granddaughter. Arcturus went through a Gringotts portal and arrived in Beijing's Gringotts Branch.

In his heart, he hoped that Lycoris was still able to be cured and that Orion won't suddenly rush to see his daughter.