Chapter 1: Up In Flames

6:50 am, Downtown Orlando

A gentle breeze blows through my hair as I see the open road ahead of me. I begin to think about where I'm at in my life, and how in less than four months I'll be bringing a new life into this world. Braxton and I are heading to a long awaited OB/GYN appointment to finally find out the sex of our first child. I keep tapping my leg and humming a song, Braxton can tell I was beginning to get anxious and said to me.

"Azealia, it's going to be fine, everything is going to be alright." He squeezes my leg and flashes that toothy smile of his. He always knows how to calm me down, that certain smile he gives always warms my heart. I then take a deep breath, and close my eyes. A vivid image of Braxton and I with our child appear, they are both playing on the swing as I record them, in awe of their unbreakable bond. If smiles were dollars we would be millionaires.

I open my eyes as we pulled up to the grand building. The last time I walked through those doors I came in with something and walked out with nothing. But today, the case was different and now, I'm ready. Braxton opens my door and helps me out of the car; he holds my hand as I waddle in. I take a deep breath and sit down while he receives the paperwork. I begin tapping my foot and humming my favorite tune as I fill out the papers. Name? Azealia Andrews. Are you a new patient? Yes. Are you pregnant? Yes. The questions were typical and fairly simple until I reached the last page. Have you had an abor- and that's when I froze. My eyes widened as I began to tremble. Braxton noticed that I was uneasy and began scamming the page.

"Oh Babe, you don't need to fill out this page." He then flipped the previous papers, burying it at the bottom, to never be looked at again.

We sat in the waiting area as we watched people come in and out of the doctor's office. One particular woman came out with her husband and had an immense smile on her face. Seeing these people and their excitement made me feel comfortable and at home. I looked at Braxton and smiled, we held hands while we waited.

"Braxton and Azealia Andrews" The receptionist beckoned.

"Right here" I say as we grab the clipboard and walk through the wide glass doors.

We walked into the hall and were greeted by a thin blonde haired girl, who looked around my age, maybe about 25.

"Hi, I'm Jasmine;" she said with a warm smile, "I'll be taking care of you today."

There was something comforting in her smile. Something that made you feel like it was all going to be okay, that smile could fix anything; and it seemed very familiar. She gazed at me as if she knew me from somewhere but couldn't quite piece it together yet.

"Lay down right here." The nurse motioned to a long bed with stirrups attached to the end.

"How many weeks pregnant are you?"

"20"

"That's wonderful" she replied, then grabbed a blue cream off the shelves, and began to rub it on my stomach.

The conversation all of a sudden took me back to a dark place, only this time the materials used were completely different; I felt like I was having a serious case of Déjà vu, but I wasn't. I know her.

"And how has your pregnancy been treating you? Anything unusual? Any strange cravings?"

"I've been fi-"

"Well, she has been eating an abnormal amount of pickles and strawberry ice cream" Braxton inputs with a chuckle.

I shoot him a "you're so dead" look and slap his stomach with the back of my hand.