Chapter 21

Unknown location...

"You may kiss the bride", the priest said, just as a young man rushed in through the arched gates of the church and flopped into one of the benches, quite out of breath. The church was empty except for the bride and the bride groom, the glowing smile on their faces illuminated the dimly light mediocre aisle of the church.

The newcomer pressed a button on his earpod and lowering his voice to a whisper said, "You were right Sir. They are here. What should I do now? "

"Let them be. Your work's over Jisung, you can return by the next flight".

" But Sir why are we letting them escape? "

"No Buts Jisung. Do as you are told".

Agent Jisung ended the call and stood up, just as the newly wed couple passed by him.

" Best of luck, Jungkook ", he said as he gave a friendly pat on the groom's back and briskly overtook him and left.

The couple exchanged surprised glances as the grip of their interwoven fingers became tighter.

Bukhansan National Park, Seoul...

Taehyung ended his call and strode towards the bench near the cliff on which sat Y/N, mesmerized by the  enchanting view of the city that lay sprawled  below. The sun waited at the crest of the distant mountain for the city lights to flicker on, while the stars peeped out to witness the hustle of an early evening. Birds flew towards their nests chirping melodious tunes, while the office returnees headed back to their homes through the loud noises and smokes of the streets.

As soon as she realized Taehyung's presence, she snapped her head at his direction.
"What? ", was the first thing she asked as he took his seat.

" They escaped ", he said, as if it was something to be relieved about.

"And you let them? Isn't the NIS-"

"We can't always go by the rules can we Y/N? Sometimes breaking rules does more good than following them. After all, what Jungkook did was to get you back and to demolish the giant that wounded both of yours childhood. The ways he chose weren't always right, so in the eyes of law he's a criminal, but to me? I'll always look up to him as a man of great courage, a loving brother and a passionate revenge seeker. I'll let the fire burn in his heart as long as it warms you, but I'll never let him separate us. Do you get that?"

Y/N nodded in approval and placed her head on his shoulder, as a warm tear drop escaped from her eyes, glinting in the light of the setting sun.

Somewhere far away, two lives mingled to become one as they stepped into a new phase of their lives.

But the fire will continue to burn, as long as humanity exists, as long the sun shines. Sometimes it's the fire of revenge, sometimes it is the fire of love. Without it, we can't exist. Without it, we are caught in the dark and cold hands of death.

The End