Intro

Alpha strived to always push himself. An upcoming successful man shouldn't be someone who sat on their ass all day. He knew that just listing good grades and club titles was not enough. He needed experiences to tell in his interviews. A study abroad trip seemed like a perfect idea. His mom was the one who suggested it. She studied abroad herself during her college years. His mother since he could remember loved to travel and stressed the importance of seeing the world and all the things that it offered.

When he signed up, he expected to land a trip to Japan. Where his mother's side of the family was located. His mother said that he should reconsider, they already did many traditions themselves in their household. Alpha could also visit family there anytime. He decided that she was right and there were other countries that he could see. Going somewhere he knew nothing about would be a challenge, and Alpha loved challenges. Eventually, he found a nine-credit summer program that was perfect. Alpha knew it would not be the best to go during his fall or spring semester because of the clubs he was part of. So, summer it was.

Today he was getting driven to the airport. Unfortunately, his fourteen-year-old brothers were dragged along sitting in the back seat. Senpai and Beta. His mom said it was important to always say goodbye to the family, whatever that meant.

Alpha typically avoided his family. Going to college and this abroad trip was one of the many ways Alpha did that. He didn't hold any grudges toward his mother, but his brothers were always a sore on his side since they were born. The drive to get away only got worse when their father passed. After their dad died, other types of men would be driven to be closer to their family, but not Alpha. It was depressing, and Alpha wasn't someone who liked to sit around and be depressed. He liked action, and he didn't sign up to be any of their therapists.

He just wanted all of them to get over it, as cold as that sounded. It wasn't like their father was ever going to come back.

"Sweetie, do you have everything?" he heard his mother speak up bringing him out of his thoughts. Surprisingly the car was very quiet. Quieter than he used to remember. Beta wasn't even trying to kick his seat. He looked back to see him also staring out of the window spacing out. Sen had headphones listening to music.

"Can't turn back now mother..."

"Oh please, it is still important to check. Though I am sure if you forgot anything you can buy it, or I can send it to you."

"It will be fine."                                                                       

"Double check if you have your passport-"

"Mom, I'm an adult!"

"You will always be my little seedling."

A chuckle came from Senpai. Maybe he wasn't listening to his headphones after all.

"Don't ever use that nickname again. Please."

"I didn't even know that crouton was a country, that sounds so stupid."

"Beta please," His mom sighed.

"It's Croatia," Alpha hissed out. Why was it taking so long to get to the airport?

"Still stupid," Beta coughed.

"You should be proud of your brother! This is an amazing opportunity!"

"Whatever."

"I'll make sure to send many pictures," Alpha said. 

"Yes, hon please do. Also, don't be afraid to talk to any girls there. You do know this is how I met your father."

"Gross," Beta whispered.

"Mother, it Is only a six-week program..."

"Still... you never know," She smiled.