Outro

His bags were packed and he was at the airport ready to go home. Home, it was a funny word. For the last six weeks, this small hotel dorm in a faraway country felt like his home. Especially after he met someone so special. But right now, that home was no more, and he needed to return to his original place of residence.

He was able to pass and get his credits with flying colors. Turning in his essay two days ago was slightly nerve-racking because of how much personal touch he added to it. His professor loved it though. Now he just needed to focus on making his flight today. Right now he was on time and was just reflecting.

He thought about all that had happened throughout the trip and what happened these last few days. After that night on the beach, Charlie was able to call him every day after work to talk.  Their conversations ended up being superficial, but not in a bad way. It was nice to just be easygoing after Alpha took such a big chance. Alpha wished that they could have time to meet in person, but the abroad program required him to go to mandatory events to close the trip.  It didn't help that Charlie also had a work schedule. Today was the only and last time they could see each other, and Alpha prayed that Charlie was going to make it. It was rather early, and Charlie did tell him he slept in on his days off.

He leaned against the wall and looked out at his peers who were with him during the abroad trip. He could barely remember any of their names. He resisted the urge to pull out his phone to call or text Charlie. He wasn't late yet, showing that he was impatient was a bad look. So instead he used his finger to touch his lips. It has been days since they kissed, but he could still feel the touch of the other.

'Please don't be late,' he thought. 'And show up even if you are.'

"Hey," a voice suddenly rang out causing Alpha to jump. He quickly turned to see that it was Charlie. It took everything in Alpha to not jump on him.

"You're early?!"

"I got here twenty minutes ago," Charlie rubbed his own arm. "Sorry I didn't text or call you. I wanted to surprise you." 

"R-really?" Alpha chuckled. "Well, you did. Finally early! I'm happy you came."

"Of course, I came, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Alpha's heart wouldn't slow down and it only got worse when he looked at the other up and down. Charlie wasn't wearing anything that impressive. In fact, he looked like he just crawled out of bed. He had on a comfortable grey sweatshirt along with sweatpants.  If it was anyone else Alpha would scowl, but this was Charlie. Alpha was melting, he could imagine spending the day in an outfit similar to that, reading a book with him. Alpha raised an eyebrow as he saw something under his arm, there was a little box.

"What is that?" Alpha pointed to it. Charlie motioned him to put out his hand so Alpha did. The small box was placed carefully there. It was light. "Can I open it now?"

"Please no. Wait to do it on the plane. I always feel weird watching p-people open their gifts in front of me," Charlie's face twisted In embarrassment. "I didn't get you anything too crazy...it was a last-minute decision... something small so you can get through security."

"Understandable," Alpha unzipped and put his gift into his carry-on. "I have about an hour before I need to go through security to get to my terminal. Did you eat breakfast?"

"I did not. I usually don't."

"Well, let's go!" Alpha tapped the other's shoulder.

There was a small coffee shop that was close to the security line.  Without a word from the both of them, they went to the counter and ordered drinks and food. Alpha was about to pay but Charlie again stepped in front and paid for him.