Bridge

After his realization of his feelings, Alpha got a text from Charlie inviting him to go to the beach. He didn't know exactly why Charlie was taking him there. Every beach was pretty much the same. How much substance could he get out of that for an essay?

But at least it wasn't a museum.

Alpha agreed anyway because he liked the beach; he grew up near one. He could already feel the salt breeze on his face and the sand between his toes. He enjoyed swimming, and he couldn't help but be excited to do it with Charlie.  But most importantly, during all those sensations, he was going to admit the hardest thing he could ever say.

It was making his stomach flip thinking about it. A beach could be a perfect place to reveal his deepest thoughts.

But now Alpha was only waiting at a bus stop tapping his foot impatiently and itching for a cigarette. It was thirty minutes after they agreed on time. He has gotten no texts or calls; Alpha couldn't help being annoyed and .... scared.

The fear that Charlie wasn't going to show up crossed Alpha's mind. It could happen, he has embarrassed himself in front of him multiple times. Charlie was still a stranger and could be messing with him by falsely inviting him to something.

No.

Charlie was a sweetheart and was just being his clumsy self.

Alpha had to forcibly push those thoughts down. It wasn't natural for him to think so negatively. No matter what happened, he had to see him at least one more time. Even if that required showing up to that stupid boat tour place.

He looked down at his watch groaning, seeing that five more minutes had passed. Alpha gave in to his urges and pulled out his pack and lit a cigarette. He needed release; a man could only hold in so much.

Those inner worries finally fizzled out when he heard footsteps behind him. Alpha spun around; his heart sped up as he saw it was Charlie. He was wearing a nice white button-up, with a guitar case tied to his back. His face was twisted in worry.

"H-hey."

"You're late."

"I'm s-sorry! I'm s-so sorry! I didn't know it was going to run this late," Charlie's face turned pink as he brushed his hair away from his face.

"What made you run late?"

"A lot of t-things. Again, I'm so sorry," Charlie took in a few deep breaths before continuing. "I play in a band with my family every Wednesday at our local restaurant. We usually start much earlier but there were delays. I didn't even have enough time to change."

Alpha looked him up and down. That was right, he wasn't wearing a bathing suit. Alpha had one on, even if he was pretty sure he wasn't going to swim. He didn't even ask Charlie if he was either.

Alpha couldn't help being disappointed now. Despite it being wrong, he wanted to see Charlie in a bathing suit shirtless. He wanted to know if he looked like how he did in that dream.

"Why didn't you tell me you had something to do?" Alpha finally said in response.

"I was afraid you w-would ask to go..." Charlie's one eye trailed away. Alpha cleared his throat to avoid saying something selfish. He couldn't get upset; they were barely friends. Of course, he didn't deserve to know everything. Even if he felt like it.

"Why would that be a bad thing?" Alpha tested.

"Because it's music and t-that's embarrassing..." Charlie trailed off. He made his way to the pier.  Alpha nodded his head as he followed him. So, he played music? He wondered how he sounded. Alpha adored music and concerts. He couldn't imagine him on stage being the shy and nervous man he was. It sounded cute. Man, he wished that he could have gone.