Cold {Chapter 13}

Elena's POV

Walking out of my last class, I sighed. Good job Elena, you got yourself through the day. I haven't been myself today, I was off focus, in my own world in class. I stared at the clock, waiting for time to pass, eager to leave. And now I'm out.

Now what?

I didn't really want to go to the dorms just yet. I don't want to see Zayn. What would I say to him? I rejected him without reason. Gosh, is it because I'm scared? Scared of what? Maybe I just don't like him in that way.

"Elena," A voice called out to me.

I turned around and there stood Tyler. "Hey Tyler." I smiled, forcibly might I add.

"Everyone's coming to my dorm for a movie night, care to join us?" He asked, putting his hands in his pockets. Everyone? As in Zayn's going to be there too. No thanks.

"Oh, I can't. I have to write a paper and study for an exam. Maybe next time." I smiled. Good excuse Elena.

"Oh that sucks. Do you mind telling Zayn to come? He hasn't been answering my texts." He said, checking his phone again.

"I'll be sure to pass on the message." I say to him. "Gotta go, see you later."

"Bye love!" He calls once I start to walk away.

***

I secretly prayed that Zayn wasn't in the room. I haven't seen him since last night. He probably came home late and left early this morning.

I unlocked the door and there sat Hailey and Zayn was knocked out. He slept like a baby.

"He's hung-over. I've been taking care of him." Hailey whispered.

Hung-over? I thought he didn't drink.

"Should I leave?" I ask, not wanting to bother them.

"No, no, I was waiting for you to come actually. I have afternoon classes today. Do you mind taking care of him? I have to go." Hailey says, throwing her bag over her shoulder.

Well, do I have a choice?

"Don't worry about it, I'll take care of him. Go on." I smiled reassuringly.

"Okay, I'll check up later on. Bye!" And with that she left, leaving only Zayn and I."

I pulled a light blanket out of my closet and put it over Zayn. The room was a little chilly.

"Elena?" Zayn called.

"Yeah?" I asked, insecurely.

"I can take care of myself." He threw off the blanket and attempted to get up. He looked horrible. And cute. But still horrible.

I was shocked at the way he spoke to me. Had I hurt him that badly? He bent over. "Shit." He mumbled and ran to the bathroom.

I chased after him, and witnessed him vomiting in the toilet. Lovely, just lovely. He got up and rinsed his mouth and began to brush his teeth. He had a look of disgust on his face.

I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my Tylenol and a bottle of water from the fridge. Walking back into the bathroom, I handed them to Zayn. "Here, take this."

"No thanks." He said. He was emotionless and cold.

There was a long pause before I said, "I didn't know you drank."

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me. Let's keep it at that, huh?" He walked right passed me, grabbed his coat and left.

He was cold. So cold.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed! :)