💠Forgive💠

Hey guys, So this is the first OS written by me. Hope you'll get to see many more.

So, now enjoy the oneshot.

The year that spring forgot to bloom the flowers in my life

The year that spring forgot to bloom the flowers in my life. People were happy, flowers were blooming, people were happily welcoming new lives. I too welcomed the only reason of my life, our daughter but you were not there. Our little bundle of joy. You know, she was crying before I held her. As soon as the nurse gave me her, she stopped crying and started looking at me with her big doe eyes.

I held her against my chest and promised her, promised you that I won't disappoint her as a father. My biggest mistake cost me your life. But I live. I live without you, without your love, with your hatred. I lived with the sweet moments spent between us. I lived with the smile on the face of our daughter. She was the only reason I lived, I stayed here. I don't know if you forgive me or not but I am not going to back off this time. I am going to come back to you wherever you are. This time I will never leave you, never cheat on you.

That was my biggest mistake. I was blinded in my desires that I never tried to ask you why you were behaving like that, why you stopped me coming near you, why you were making a storm in a teacup.

And on that particular evening when I was at one of the office parties, I lost your love, your trust, your care. I lost you just in the heat of the moment, I lost the love of my life.

Even though getting a heartbreak, you trust me, you trust me with our daughter. I exactly remembered your last words, "You never tried to know the reason for all my demands, my irritation. If, for the sake of our love, only for the sake of our love, you tried to know, you would know that... that we are pregnant. All the morning cramps, nausea, irritation, all of them are because of it. And what you did, you went to another woman..... But, but I know, however husband you were, you will be the best father for our daughter. That's why instead of giving custody to my parents, I am giving her custody to you. After my death, my lawyer will complete all the processors for it. Just for this time, please, please don't disappoint me."

I tried my best to be the best father to our daughter. You know, she takes after you. Same big round eyes, same sweet voice, same button like nose. She is the copy of you with the colour of my eyes and the colour of my hair.

Last month was her wedding. She married the guy of her choice, obviously after he passed my tests. I tried my best to check he doesn't like me. She is happy there.

Yesterday she called me, after knowing the condition of my health, she cried just like the way you cried when I met with the accident. You were always there for me and I.. I left you in the lurch. I left when you needed me the most and I never forgive myself for that.

You know her husband, our son-in-law, is not like me. I made sure of it. He loves our daughter a lot. He was with her in her bad times, when she failed the interview. He encouraged her, motivated her. Now, she is a HR in a multinational company. And he is the CEO of his own company.

My love, now I am free. I am free to come back to you. This is going to be the last spring I spend without you. I am happy that at least I am able to fulfill your promise.

"With a satisfied smile on his face, he took his last breath on the bed of the hospital."

-Scintillio16