Chapter 2 | Noah

It's been a week since Claire got most of her memories back, she moved to Alaina's apartment and is receiving therapy to help retrieve her memories. At first, she had a hard time but she's dealing with it better each day.

Today is Friday and I requested to have today off. It was approved so now only emergencies require me to head in today and I'm crossing my fingers that none happen. The last one was four months ago with a fourteen-year-old girl named Zoe.

It's 10:06 AM when I get out of bed. What an amazing day! I already plan to watch my favorite show, Vampire diaries of course, and to eat pizza and ice cream. Nothing could ruin today. I stretch my arms and look in my cabinets as I start my kettle. I pour the hot water into my mug that my coworkers got as a joke last year for my birthday, it says "World's best... I don't remember" I know it's dark but I still think it's funny.

I sit down and grab my fluffy blanket and socks, I get comfy and open up the news before my movie marathon. I start scrolling through articles such as, "Mother of three grows stomach ulcers after snowstorm", "Restaurant out of business after violating 27 health code violations' ' and a lot more. I refresh my page and see one that piques my interest, "Noah Jackson, famous ice hockey player for Montreal Canadians takes a horrible fall on the ice". My brother is on the same team as him.

Man, I haven't talked to my brother in... four years. Not after what happened to my Dad. I quickly switch to the first season of vampire diaries, before I remember all the memories that I have buried in the past.

It's a few hours later and I have almost finished the first season of vampire diaries when I get a phone call. My phone says Courtney, she's the receptionist for my floor in the hospital. I wonder what she wants.

I answer after pausing my movies with a sigh. "Hey, Anna"

I say hello back and ask her what she needs. "So, have you seen the news about Noah Jackson?"

"Yes, I have, why?"

"Well, his mother called and has requested that you take care of him as he has been diagnosed with memory loss and he needs help" I didn't talk for a minute but when she said my name again I quickly told her yes. She instructs me to head to the hospital within the hour so I can start right away with getting stuff figured out with his family.

I get dressed in presentable clothes that include light denim skinny jeans and a white blouse that I tucked into my pants. I tied my hair in a high ponytail and grabbed my keys, wallet, and phone.

Walking out of my apartment and locking it I head down to my car.

After the drive to the hospital that consisted of me singing to Taylor Swift and tapping my fingers on the steering wheel to the beat, I'm in the elevator and heading to my floor. I take a deep breath to calm myself. I just have this feeling I'll meet my brother here because he's Noah's teammate, but I still have hope he won't be there today. I can't handle that. 

The doors open and I walk out to find my patient and his family along with Courtney. I look down at the sheet to see they are signed into room 512. Taking a deep breath, I grab my supplies and head to the room where I know I'll get questions left and right.

"Hello, I'm Anna Emont and I was informed that you would like me to be Noah's main caretaker." A woman in jeans and a gray t-shirt with blonde hair and some gray strands adorning her face looks at me with wide eyes from her seat.

She answers, "Yes, I was the one that called you. Please tell me there is a way to get his memory back." She has the pleading look in her eyes that I always hate but it comes with the job.

"I will need more information on the accident but it should only be a few months at most for him, although I can't guarantee anything yet." I now look around the room to see two other men, one younger and one older, a girl around Alaina's and my age, and of course Noah.

Noah has light brown hair that is all over the place but looked like someone tried fixing it. And I'm not quite sure what his eyes look like in person as he is sleeping.

They all look a little shocked and I see a lone tear going down the girl's face as well as the mother's. "If you have any questions please let me know and I will answer them all to the best of my capabilities. If you would like to talk to other patients' families for support throughout this I am more than willing to give contacts to you."

The mother nods and I head out of the room to get the case details from Courtney. I walk down the hall as I start thinking about how I should work with him and different plans I could put him on based on how severe his trauma is. Standing at the front desk with Courtney, I hear the elevator doors open, not a moment later I hear a crash and water spilling. Turning around to see who the culprit is I look and see the light green eyes I could never forget.

My brother Liam.

----------------------------------

Y'all. I can't. I literally haven't been posting because I keep forgetting, Hopefully, I won't disappear again!