27

*****ANDY POV*****

I was sitting in my office doing some work when my cellphone notified me that there was front entry at the house was made and I knew Jacob wouldn't be home yet. I turned on my camera and I saw Laurie standing in the house talking to Jaylee. I turned the volume up and I heard her talking about how she made the key and followed me to Jaylee's. I instantly started screen recording this on my phone incase there were evidence that got collected or Laurie confessed to something. I could never shut my lawyer brain off.

"Did you destroy my house?!" I hear Jaylee ask.

"I did." Laurie answered. I groaned.

"Why? What was the point?" Jaylee asked.

"I need you to see I was a force to be reckoned with." Laurie answered. I didn't like where this was going, I didn't like what I was hearing and what made it worse was I knew Jacob would home soon and I didn't need him to walk into this. I instantly called 9-1-1 from my office phone as I watched a scene unfold.

"Laurie, let me just call Andy. He came come home and we can talk about this like adults." Jaylee said and I heard Laurie laugh.

"Home? HOME?! THIS IS NOT HIS HOME! HIS HOME IS WITH ME!" Laurie screamed as she pulled a gun out and pointed it at Jaylee. I lost sight of Jaylee and Laurie at this time because Jaylee walked into the dining room and I didn't set a camera up in there. I rushed out of the office, I had to get home, I had to get to Jaylee. As I was getting off the elevator I heard one gun shot and I heard Jaylee scream out in pain. I ran to my car as I heard another gun shot and I knew something was wrong, I knew Laurie had gone mad and I knew Jaylee was hurt. I knew they were sending an ambulance to the house and I called Jacob as soon as I got to the car.

"Dad!" I heard Jacob answer his phone panic.

"Jacob, where is Jaylee?!" I asked fearing the answer.

"She is bleeding out dad!" Jacob said. No I couldn't lose her, we just got our life together and were meant to be together.

"Okay, cops and an ambulance are on the way to the house, go to the hospital with her Jacob and I will meet you there." I said and hung up. I changed direction and instead of going home I went to the hospital and just waited for them to come in. I wasn't sure how long I paced by the emergency entrance doors but I saw the ambulance come flying in. The back doors to the ambulance opened as a doctor came running out and I saw Jaylee on the stretcher and she had a breathing tube down her throat and they were pumping hair into her.

"Jaylee?!" I asked panicked but no one said anything.

"Dad!!" Jacob said and got out of the ambulance and ran up to me and I hugged him.

"It was mom!" Jacob said and I nodded.

"I know Jacob, I saw it on the cameras." I said. We walked inside.

"What happed on the way here Jacob?" I asked and he had tears in his eyes.

"Her heart stopped beating dad, she died. They got her back but it's not looking good." Jacob said and I pulled him into a hug. He shouldn't have had to deal with this. We rushed in the hospital once we broke apart and followed all the nurses and doctors pushing her stretcher towards surgery. A nurse stopped us at swinging doors that we weren't permitted to go through.

"The doctor will come out and talk to you once he assess the situation." The nurse said and then showed us where to sit.

"Dad....her phone." Jacob said handing it to me and I sighed and I knew I needed to call her family. This was going to be fun to explained. I dialed Lexa first.

"Hey." Lexa said and she sounded so cheerful since I was calling from Jaylee's phone.

"Lexa, it's Andy Barber." I said and I heard her sigh. I knew she had Lexa I left my wife to be with her so I wasn't sure how this would go.

"Andy, why are you calling from my sisters phone?" Lexa said and I sighed.

"Lexa, Jaylee is in emergency surgery. She was shot by my soon to be ex-wife." I said figuring honesty would be best.

"WHAT THE FUCK BARBER?!" Lexa yelled and I sighed.

"Do you think you can call your parents and guys get here?" Andy asked.

"I'm with mom and dad now. We are on our way." Lexa said and hung up on me. I placed my head in my hands and just started crying.

"I can't lose her." I whispered and I felt Jacob come up beside me and place an arm around my shoulder. I heard the swinging doors open and my head snapped up.

"Jaylee Anderson?" The doctor asked looking for family.

"We are here for her." I said standing up and the doctor walked over.

"I'm doctor Jameson, I will be doing the surgery on Ms. Anderson. Are you able to make medical decisions for her?" The doctor asked.

"Uh no, her family is on their way but awhile away. I can call her sister who is with her parents." I said and the doctor nodded so I dialed Lexa again.

"We are on out way Andy." She said.

"Right but the doctor is here and needs family." Andy said and Lexa handed the phone to her dad.

"This is Charlie Anderson, her father."

"Mr. Anderson your daughter's kidney was hit by a bullet and there is too much damage to the kidney and we need to remove it. She was also hit in her thigh but it missed major arteries. There was also major blood loss so we are working to stabilize her. We are going to be working to get that bullet out. We needed a consent to remove the kidney." The doctor said.

"If it needs taken out, take it. Also, until we arrive Mr. Barber is the one to give all the information to he is our daughters fiancé." Charlie said and I tried to remain calm and confused.

"Okay, I am going in to now to work on Ms. Anderson will send someone out with an update soon. This surgery is set to take some time." The doctor said more to me and I nodded.

"Thank you." I said and shook his hand as he walked away.

"Barber?" I heard Charlie said and took the phone off speaker phone.

"Yes sir?" I asked.

"I would like an explanation when I get there, we all would. As of right now you are fiancé so you will be able to get in and see her." Charlie said and I half smiled.

"Yes sir." I said.

"See you soon." Charlie said and hung up. I sat there for a few more minutes when some police showed up to take statements from Jacob and I both and we both told them who did it. I sent them the video which they told me would be incriminating which I knew. I just sat waiting for news, I just needed Jaylee to be okay, she had to be okay...