a deal.

He barely took a step forward before Tennu abruptly struck, landing between the duo before the silver-haired could do so much as get closer to his princess. The vulpine beast shoved his face, aggressive as ever, into Faris', snarling, slit pupils shrunk to a dot. Stepping back, Faris made a startled sound upon making contact with something - the horned head of a moss-covered drake, who promptly shoved him a bit with a low growl. It was only then that he noticed the vast amount of life in the area; and all of them were staring directly at him.

"Wha - hey! Tennu! No!!" the princess snapped, almost as if she was scolding an unruly pet. She jumped off her rock, lightly bumping into the fox spirit. "No." She puffed, squishing the fallen god's face, before slightly pushing him back. She sighed heavily.

"Okay, okay, okay -" she muttered, "wanna make a deal??"

"W- what?"

"A deal! Unless you wish to get wiped off the face of the earth by the forest, we should make a deal!"

The captain moved nearer to the pond, staring nervously at the drake behind him. "...well, what kind of deal?"

"Well - well, you're...in this for the money, right? For your family? I remember you telling me about them a long, long time ago - anyways, I'm not going back to the kingdom. Like no matter what. But if you don't bring me back, knowing mother, she would have your head."

"...so -"

"SO! How about we take her down? The Queen?"

Faris blinked. "What."

"I mean -" the princess straightened, gesturing to the surrounding creatures, chirping, "I'm with these guys! If we flood the city and find a way to capture mother, then we can dismantle that tyrannical system she has built - and, oh, oh! That other kingdom, that nice one - we can move there afterwards! Well, you can. I'm staying here."

Vie leaned up against the shoulder of a silently angry Tennu, who stared down the silver-haired captain with nothing but pure scorn. Faris stared for a moment, before quietly nodding.

"...deal."

Vie's eyes lit up, before she nudged Tennu, humming a small, "Well? You down?"

Tennu stayed completely, utterly still for a moment, before silently nodding. Vie beamed, hugging the giant fox, before clapping her hands together.

"Alright - time for a plan!"