Sleepyhead

Word count: 292
—————
Kings POV:

"Rest your eyes my love, it will be alright."

I told him, softly rubbing his back in circles as he cuddled into my chest. I watched as his tail swished back and forth calmly. Moments like these were perfect. Watching my tired partner fight to keep working, but instead slowly start to fall asleep in my arms.

"But, I have work.." he said quietly, still fighting with his words, though he had clearly lost to his tiredness.

"Don't worry lovely..The casino can handle itself for the night. Sleep is important too."

I smoothed down the fur on his head, standing up with him in my arms. I slowly walked down the hall to his bedroom. Normally he complained when I did this, but right now he was nice and sleepy.

I carefully opened the door, making my way through the darkness to his bed. I set him down, wrapping him up in the warm blankets. He reached out to me as I laid next to him, letting him snuggle right back into my chest. His tail wrapped around my arm as I continued to rub his back.

"And if you overwork yourself..?" He mumbled. "Who will be there to stop you?"

"I won't..becuase I'll be here protecting you."

He sat up. Looking down at me.

"Your actually staying?" He said, a tone of shock hidden in his voice. I smiled, gently pushing him back onto the bed.

"Yes, love.. I'm staying right by your side the entire time. You won't lose me, I promise."

I softly kissed his lips, pulling him close to me. I took off my gloves as I ran my hand through his soft fur. He fell right to sleep.

"Goodnight, Luci."