Industrial pt 2

Sleeping in an industrial was less of a challenge than anticipated. The main reason it was a challenge at all was because of that little part in your brain that goes stay awake so you don't hurt yourself. All night long so rem sleep wasn't very deep BUT sleep was very much attained. Since my right ear is pierced I slept on my left side and if I wanted to turn my head so it wouldn't cramp I would pillow my arms so I could turn it for a little bit. It proved effective as I slept like that as well as on my side, stomach and back peacefully through the night for the most part.

Also a fun fact if you can get a fan blowing directly on it the fan cools your skin so it's not on fire right after. A very effective trick.

Upon waking I wasn't hardly aware of my piercing since pain wasn't there like I thought it would be and soreness was at most .5-1 on pain scale when it was left alone. This increases when something brushed against it even lightly but for the most part it's been stable so no real pain. Cleaning was proven easy enough as it didn't have any crusted when I woke up so a saline spray at both sides of the hole was done. This including the night prior and then left to dry. It's a weird feeling but not unpleasant in the least. Securing stray hair with bobby-pins is highly recommend as it prevent them from tangling and potentially snagging on the bar when you go to move it out of the way. It's a pain saver in other words. Getting clothes on you are more aware and careful to not snag it but simple head manouver and a little stretching of the pierced side first tends to take care of that issue easy enough.

As my day progressed and I woke up more my ear became pretty hot at one point a side affect not uncommon for healing jewlry but it cooled off after a few hours suggesting the weather and humidity irritated it likely as it's a incredibly hot day today humidity wise at 86 with a 76% humidity without any real airflow it's closer to 91 today. Overall it wasn't as bad of a second day as I imagined with minor pain unless I focused on I wouldn't notice. Mostly just some heat and the feeling of some foreign object I'm not use to in my ear just yet there was the sum of my day. There hasn't been any puss, or blood like some people have experienced on their second day I anticipate some crusties to continue well into a three month mark unless I just heal that much faster between now and then;since it wasn't all that exciting the next update will be when I change it out in a few weeks or if something big happens between now and then likely somebody running into my ear and me chewing them out. Hopefully this won't happen as it sets back the healing time a lot and it can also cause micro tearing; swelling and heat due to the major trauma further on the fresh wound which isn't yet healed.

Report summary
Pain lvl: .5-1
Side affects: light pain, redness and heat with some minor crusties found on jewelry
Inconvenience lvl: 4/10
Till then my needling fiends