Part 1

Tomorrow is the first day of school and I'm getting ready to wind down for the night. I put on a T-shirt and sweatpants when I hear rustling outside. At first I thought it was just the wind or something but there it continued.
"Scott! I keep hearing something outside and you go check it out?" I yell across the hall to my twin brother.
"Seriously y/n? Why can't you do it?" He calls back.
"You're a pain in my ass, you know that?" I say as I grab a baseball bat and walk into his room. "Can you at least come with me?" Scott looks up from lacing his lacrosse stick.
"Fine," I lead the way as we both walk onto the front porch. I hold the baseball bat up, ready to swing at any potential predators. As I turn the corner I hear another noise. I look back at Scott and tighten my grip on the bat. That's when a figure swings down from the roof of our porch.
"AHHHHHHH" All three of us take turns screaming.
"STILES! What the hell are you doing?!?" I yell at my best friends who is hanging upside like a monkey.
"You weren't answering your phones!" Stiles answers. "Why do you have a bat?"
"Why are you here at 10pm on a school night?" Scott says.
"I overheard my dad's radio. They're calling in everyone from the county and even state police!" Stiles says excitedly.
"Why?" I ask
"Two joggers found a body in the woods"
"A dead body?" Scott asks. Stiles jumps down and disappears in the bushes.
He jumps up and puts his arms in the railing, "No a body of water. Yes dumbass, a dead body!" Stiles replies.
"Okay and....?" I say, still wondering why Stiles is here.
"We're going," he says as if it was obvious.
"Why would be go if they already found the body?" Scott asks.
"That's the thing.... They only found half!" Stiles says with a grin. God, this kid is insane sometimes. The three of us get into Stiles' Jeep and go to the woods. We park at an entrance and get out of the car.
"Are you sure this is a good idea Stiles?" I ask as we start walking into the woods.
"Hey, you're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town," he says. I roll my eyes and we start walking up a hill, getting deeper into the woods.
"What half of the body are we even looking for?" Scott asks.
"I'm not sure," Stiles says after thinking for a moment.
"What if the murderer is still out here" I say
"Didn't think about that either," Stiles says.
" Glad you planned this out using your normal attention to detail," Scott says as he rolls his eyes.
We get to the top of the hill and have to climb over a log. Stiles jumps up onto the log first and reaches his hand out to me. I grab onto his hand and he pulls me up as Scott also jumps over the log. Then we hear people talking, it's the police.
We scramble to find somewhere to hide. In all the chaos Stiles and I lost Scott. Stiles turned to hide somewhere when a dog started barking and a bright light was in our eyes. Stiles screams and pulls me to the ground.
"Hold on! These two delinquents belong to me," Sheriff Stilinski yells to his team.
Stiles stands up and brushes himself off and then pulls me up as well. "Dad, how are you doing?" Stiles says.
"Do you always listen to my radio conversations?"
"No, just the interesting ones!"
"Right, well where is your other partner in crime?"
"Who? Scott? Scott's home!"
"Y/n, is this true?" Sheriff asks me.
"Yeah, yeah he said he wanted to go to bed early so he can be ready for lacrosse tomorrow," I tell him.
"Alright, well I'm gonna walk you two back to the Jeep and then we're gonna have a little conversation about invasion of privacy," sheriff says as he grabs onto each of our ears and starts dragging up towards the car.
After a long lecture about not getting involved in private police cases, Stiles and I leave the woods.
"I hope Scott is okay, we kinda just left him to fend for himself," I say as we start to pull out of the parking spot.
"I'm sure he's fine. Scott's a big boy, he can handle himself," Stiles says with a smirk.
"If you say so," I sigh. "You ready for practice tomorrow? First practice of the season!" I turn to look at him. He doesn't take his eyes off the road but he's smiling.
"Yeah, so excited to sit on the bench!" He says
"Hey! I think you're a great bench warmer!"
"Thanks y/n," Stiles says while rolling his eyes.
We pull into my driveway and I open the door to get out of the car. "Hey! I'll be here at 7:00 to pick you up tomorrow," stiles says before I close the door.
"Okay sounds like a plan!" I say as I close the door and walk inside.
I get to my room and get ready to go to bed. Then I remember that Scott still isn't back yet, so I call him.
The phone rings for a minute and then goes to voicemail so I assume that him phone must be dead. I plug my phone in and get under my covers as I slowly fall asleep.