18.

Hansol, Seokmin and Soonyoung

Since Seungcheol was busy with Chan the three had to walk to their mission. luckily, it wasnt too far. the place they were going to was a pretty abandoned hotel. however, apparently a few people still lived there. It was the goal of the three to find three of the hotel's residents and kill them.

The first challenge of the mission was getting into the hotel. while it was abandoned, it was locked and difficult to get into. The few people who still lived there must've locked it up tight due to curious people exploring abandoned areas. Soonyoung looked around for a way to get into the building. As he did this, Hansol just walked up to the double doors and kicked them in the middle. the doors swung open.

"Jeez you're strong-" Soonyoung said.

"Thanks. let's get going now." Hansol said, walking inside.

Seokmin and Soonyoung followed close behind. the interior of the hotel was nice for a place so abandoned. it was dimly lit and not many lights even worked, however the furniture in the lobby wasnt torn or dirty. it was just covered in dust from being left alone for so long. the next challenge was to figure out where these people lived. the hotel was 10 stories high so checking every single room would take ages.

Hansol couldn't use brute force for this task, so he helped Seokmin and Soonyoung look around for anything that would be useful. Soonyoung managed to find a checking book and flipped through the pages. many of the people who checked in had done so years ago and there were none that were recent. however, Soonyoung managed to find the names of the three people they were targeting on the list of checked in residents. all three people had checked in on the same day just an hour apart from each other way back in 2001.

"2001-? jesus theyve been here for a long time. But it says they all took rooms next to each other. 9-04, 9-05 and 9-06." Soonyoung read.

The three got into the elevator and hit the 9th floor button. as the elevator started to go up, they heard a loud creak. a few seconds passed and the elevator stopped. Hansol pressed the button a few more times but the elevator wouldn't budge.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Hansol snapped.

"Its fine. we can get out of this." Seokmin said.

"Yeah, hopefully..." Soonyoung muttered. hearing Soonyoung of all people say that wasnt very reassuring.

_________

Seungcheol and Chan

Seungcheol was with Chan in his office, showing the younger how he did things. Seungcheol's job consisted of taking in requests, getting information and setting up missions for the others. he was rarely in the action himself.

"So you're behind the scenes of everything?" Chan asked, sitting next to Seungcheol as he worked.

"Mhm! I dont really like fighting or blood or any of that stuff but I wanted to help as much as I could." Seungcheol said.

"That's super cool!" Chan squealed.

he watched intently as Seungcheol worked, following every move the older made and taking in as much of it as he could. It was almost as though he had never seen a computer before. In fact, he proved he hadnt by asking so many questions.

"What's this button do??"

Chan almost went to hit the power down button but Seungcheol quickly stopped him, grabbing his hand and holding it back.

"Dont touch that! itll shut off the computer and all my unsaved work will be gone." He explained.

"Ohhh...sorry!! how do you find these people anyway?"

"Well, people send in requests for people they want taken out. we only accept requests from people who have legitimate reasons. once we accept the request, I search for the person and find as much information on them as possible. I used to have someone who helped me by hacking into databases but hes gone now. hopefully one of you new recruits can take up that job because without it, doing things is a lot more difficult."

"Oh..I'm not that smart. I couldn't do that. but maybe one of the others are!" chan said with a bright smile.

"You're a very chipper kid." Seungcheol said.

"Thank you!"

"I just finished one of the requests. now I have to send the information to wonwoo." Seungcheol said, pointing to the finished file.

"Oh wow!!"

"Wanna press the send button?"

"YES!"

Seungcheol smiled at how excited Chan got over something so simple. he passed the mouse over to chan and showed him how to use it. he then pointed to the send button and Chan giggled the entire time as he clicked the button and sent the file to Wonwoo.

"Yay! I did it!" Chan cheered.

"I'm proud of you! great job. how about we go see what the others are doing now, hm?"

"Yes!"