1

I knocked on the door of 'my father's' office, waiting for his reply. The stoic guard stood silently at the side, ignoring my present.

"Come in."

I politely open the door, minimizing the sound created by the action. Once the door closed, I greet the count out of formality.

" Skip the formality, sit down." he says.

I rise from my bow and sit on the couch, facing the count straight ahead.

" So, what do you need me for? You would never call for me if it weren't important." I questioned, waiting for him to go straight to the point.

" I need your help. The county-" he started, to which I interrupted.

" Ha! What a funny thing. Looks like you've broke the condition of our contract." I snickered, smiling slyly at the shocked silly expression the count put on.

" You know I'm going to leave now, right? Please excuse me, I need to pack my things." I continued, standing up from my seat, looking down at him.

" W-What contract? We never strike a deal!" he spat, trying to show as if the contract never existed. Funny how his face betrays him, contorting in such an ugly angle.

I smirked as I reached inside my sleeve, pulling out a fold of paper, showing it to him.

" But you signed on it though? This is the witness to our deal a few years back. A mistake on your side if you think I was a naive child."

With a red face, he snatched the paper from my hand and tore it apart, looking as if victory was on his side right after. Oh dear, how dumb is he?

" Ah, guess that can't be helped. No more proof of it, huh?" he remarked arrogantly.

" No matter. I got a few more copies in my room." I replied nonchalantly, to which his face went stumped. " Oh, and I also did sent a copy to his Majesty to be a witness on my side. So, don't think you can try anything funny behind my back."

His body shook with rage, veins bulging on his forehead as his fists clenched. His eyes gazed with contempt. Despite his age, his behaviour is quite childish in my eyes. No wonder his county can't prosper without my help a few years back.

" AGNES EVERDEEN!!!"

His shout almost made my ears bleed, but I didn't flinch nor change my expression.

" You shouldn't call me that anymore, your grace. I am no longer an Everdeen from now on." I said with a smile.

" You're turning your back on the county just because of something as small as this?! Where's your honor?!"

I laughed, no longer able to control my composure when he said that remark, trying to make me stay and bring more wealth for him.

" Honor?! Ironic when it came from you! I brought the prosperity this house have to offer for the past few years and you're taking all the credit! Did I ever protest?! I have fed you all better foods with my proposal and you think I didn't know what you've been up to in the casino? If I want to leave, no one can stop me!!!" I countered, eyes flooded with amusement as I made my way to the doors.

" Fine, if you won't cooperate, I'll just have to make you! Guards! Detain her!"

Seeing a few guards making their way towards me, I use my ice magic to make spears surrounding me and one of it pointed at the count's neck. The guards hesitated and I freeze all of their feets to the ground.