2

~4 years later~

" Nyx~! Come home for food!" the lady shouted. The once fair, pale skin tanned from years staying under the sun daily.

" Woof! Woof!"

Faint barkings were heard from the direction of the endless trees. Hearing the reply from afar tugged a smile to the lady's lips.

Rustlings of leaves and bushes became louder and louder as a creature emerged from the nearest bush. A canine strode gallantly and enthusiastically towards the lady, fluterring its black, shiny coat and the green fur on its abdomen. Its emerald eyes shine brightly at the sight of its favourite human, circling her upon approaching causing a few giggles to leave her mouth.

" Hey there, Nyx! Ready for food?"

" Woof!"

" Okay, sit!"

With that command, the elegant breed obeyed and stayed on the spot. Putting the food bowl in front of Nyx, the lady chuckled softly when she saw a few drops of saliva flooding out of Nyx's snout. Never moving an inch, the desperate eyes tried to look away only to look back at the food causing it's mouth to salivate more. Once she stand at a safe distance before the mess could get onto her, she smiled.

" Go!"

In an instant, ravenous sound filled the area as Nyx munch greedily as it fill his stomach. After a bit while, the lady drop her smile as she turn her head towards a certain direction. Given her situation, her senses heightened after years of quite the peaceful life she have lived isolated in the abandoned forests. The sound of nature has assimilated throughout her mind that a slight disturbance would alert her.

" Come out. I know you're there."

Her stern tone made the silhouette flinched a little. The friendliness she showed Nyx earlier were wiped off instantly, leaving menacing and murderous aura surrounding her as if all of it just now was a dream. Slowly, the silhouette make himself visible, making the frown on her face grew as she recognizes the identity of the man.

" And to what reason for the prince of the Xavier Kingdom to grace my humble abode with your presence?" she questioned immediately at once.

" For you to know my identity at a glance, you must be a noble from my kingdom." he replied, amused at the situation at hand.

" Was a noble. I left my house, thus no longer associated with the kingdom."

" Why?"

" It was of no importance to you, your highness."

" Huh."

" I have to ask you again, what is your purpose of coming here, your highness?" The lady swung her hand, grasping onto the forming ablaze sword and holding it in front of her just like a knight.

" Or I'll have to consider you a threat." she continued.

" R-Right... I-I was running away from assassins sent by the rivalling kingdom and I ran out of mana. I stumbled upon this place. I think I managed to lose them on the way..." he trailed off, realizing how he seemed to trust her despite meeting her just a moment ago.

" That's what you think." she replied, glacier spears forming around her.

" What..?" The confused prince was immediately barricaded with a thick earth wall, limiting his view. In a split second, he heard thuds of a few things hitting the ground. Once the commotion died down, the earth wall disperse and he could see bodies of the assassins with holes on their neck.