Episode 2: Marked Annel Blade!

I was walking around looking for the Forest Remides quest when I saw a building.

Y/n: It's definitely gonna be here!

I ran up to the building and entered it.

Village Lady: Good evening to you traveler. You must be tired. I wish I could offer you something, but we don't have much. A glass of water is the best I can do.

Y/n: Then I'll take some water.

She poured the water into the glass and I grabbed it.

Kirito: Oh, hey Green.

Y/n: Yo Kirito! What are you doing here?

Kirito: I thought I'd drop in randomly somewhere so I could put all my items in order, but it looks like I ended up in a pretty well-known place. If you're here, then... You must be picking up the Elixir of the Forest quest, huh?

Y/n: Hell yeah man!

Kirito: Figured... That quest is a bit of a pain. Basically you just give that NPC an item called Little Nepenthes Ovule and you're done, but... The only way to get Little Nepenthes Ovule is a drop from a Little Nepenthes, but it's not a monster you'll just happen upon. So what you have to do is just keep fighting Nepents until a Little Nepenthes shows up. Not something you want to do solo. Still, the quest gives a pretty good weapon as a reward, so it wouldn't hurt to do it. I could even help out if you want.

Y/n: You sure I'm not wasting your time?

Kirito: Of course not. Right then, first things first you need to get the quest. Just ask the NPC if they need anything. That should trigger the quest.

I then drank the glass of water and put it down.

Y/n: Thanks for the drink! Now then... Do you need help with something?

Village Lady: Well, my traveler friend, actually my daughter...

~timeskip~

After the NPC finished talking I checked my quest log and saw the quest there.

Kirito: There you go. There are Nepents out in Horunka Woods. You ought to get one if you take out 20 or so. Let's head out already, Green.

We got out of the town and walked into Horunka Woods. I looked around and saw 4 different groups of Nepents.

Y/n: Well, let's get to work!

I to the group to my left and Kirito went straight ahead. I jumped at one and used Vorpal Strike, I then turned around and cut it in half killing it. I dodged a vine and used Crimson Square on the second one killing it. I then used Vorpal Strike on the third one and it died immediately making me LV: 15. I cut through the 4th one and used Crimson Square to fish the 5th one. I went forward with Kirito and we each gone after a different target, I used Crimson Square on mine and Kirito used Slant on his killing them. We charged in and I used Vorpal Strike on one killing it and Kirito did the same to the last one in this group. We went to the last group and I used Crimson Square killing two of them, Kirito used Vorpal Strike to hit one. Kirito hit the last one and switched out with me, I used Vorpal Strike and killed the final mob getting Little Nepenthes Ovule.

Kirito: Nice! It took me much longer to finish this quest. Ah, right. Sorry. You need to get that Little Nepenthes Ovule to the NPC.

We exited Horunka Woods and back to the NPC.

Y/n: Here you go! One Little Nepenthes Ovule.

I gave it to the NPC and it was gone.

Village Lady: Thank you...

Kirito: Truth is... There's actually a character that's supposed to be that NPC's daughter in a back room here. She wasn't there in the beta, though. I've got a sister myself, so I kind of understand... Oh, uh.......No, never mind. Forget it.

Y/n: Well, tbat was loads of fun, Kirito!I get a new weapon, you get more LV, we're even, right?

Kirito: All right, I'm gonna head off. You best stay alive until we meet again.

He left and I went back to my room at the Town of Beginnings inn. I then unequipped my basic sword and equipped my Marked Annel Blade seeing it lowered my attack.

Y/n: nothing a bit of upgrading can't fix!